The Arctic Air AR49 two-door refrigerator is equipped with a number of user-friendly features. To avoid product loss, the solid swing doors are self-closing, preventing them from leaking cool air and spoiling food. They also have a stay-open feature that activates at 90 degrees to assist in stocking products. The doors on this reach-in refrigerator have magnetic gaskets that can be removed without tools for cleaning or replacing. Door locks provide security, and recessed door handles are foamed in place to ensure durability.
The exterior of the Arctic Air AR49 is constructed of durable stainless steel, and the interior includes a stainless steel floor with rounded corners that can be wiped clean. A white aluminum liner protects the interior, and six shelves constructed from epoxy-coated wire hold product. Each shelf is adjustable, offering custom organization. Through a self-contained refrigeration system that uses R134A refrigerant and capillary tubes, this two-door refrigerator provides a temperature range of 33 to 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Bottom-mounted components—including the compressor and condenser—help the unit operate efficiently, while large fan blades and motors provide fast temperature recovery times.
- 49-cu.-ft. interior space
- Self-closing doors will stay open at 90 degrees for loading and unloading
- Door locks protect against unauthorized access
- Recessed handles are foamed in place for durability
- Magnetic door gaskets do not require tools for removal
- Exterior of cabinet is constructed of sturdy stainless steel
- Interior floor is stainless steel with coved corners for fast cleanup
- Interior liner is made of white aluminum
- 6 adjustable shelves are constructed of heavy-duty, epoxy-coated wire
- Includes 4 casters; 2 are locking
- NSF/ANSI Standard 7 compliant for open food storage
- cULus and UL-EPH listed
- Self-contained refrigeration system uses CFC-free R134A refrigerant
- Capillary tubes help maintain consistent temperatures
- Temperature range: 33-41 degrees F
- Digital temperature display
- Large fan blades and motors help quickly restore cold temperatures
- Bottom-mounted compressor sits away from rising heat
- Condensing unit is installed on sliding rack to provide quick access for service technicians
- Components are accessed through the front for maintenance
- Heating element built into condensate pan helps evaporate excess water, eliminating need for floor drain connection
Dimensions & Utilities
- 54 in. W x 32.75 in. D x 82.75 in. H
- 7 A, 1⁄2 HP
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 9-ft. cord with a NEMA 5-15P plug
To learn more about the different kinds of refrigerators available, take a look at this two-section refrigerator resource.
Refrigerator, reach-in, two-section, 49.0 cu. ft. capacity, 54"W x 32.75"D x 82.75"H, bottom mounted self-contained refrigeration, electronic thermostat with digital LED display, (2) solid hinged self-closing doors with locks (field reversible), (6) adjustable wire shelves, stainless steel exterior, white aluminum interior liner with stainless steel floor, (4) casters (2 locking), 1/2 HP, 115v/60/1-ph, 7.0 amps, cord, NEMA 5-15P, cULus, UL EPH Classified, cETLus, ETL-Sanitation, ENERGY STAR®
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Arctic Air AR49 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Warranty||2 year parts & labor|
|Width (in) Range||49 - 60|
|Additional Info||Contact Customer Service for Additional Information|
|Evaporator Type||Capillary Tube|
|Product Type||Commercial Refrigeration|
|Cubic Feet Range||42 - 57|
|Exterior Finish||Stainless Steel|
Arctic Air AR49 Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"Bought this to replace an existing unit of another make that lasted 14 years in same environment. It arrived with a hole in the lower coil which..."
Tab the baker said...
"Was very happy with this purchase. I didn't like the delivery experience!! Driver was rude, there was a huge dent on back of item and I still hav..."
"This is the second Arctic Air double-door reach in that we have bought. This one is too new to comment on, but value the previous one caused us t..."
"Bought this to replace an existing unit of another make that lasted 14 years in same environment. It arrived with a hole in the lower coil which the company paid to braze/repair. After 13 months it developed a series of leaks in the upper coil. We recharged the unit only to find the circulation fan needed replacing as well. Total estimate to repair was $1400.00. Sent it to the landfill and bought a True made in US. Hopefully it will be a better unit. At least I am covered by a three year parts and labor warranty."
"Was very happy with this purchase. I didn't like the delivery experience!! Driver was rude, there was a huge dent on back of item and I still have heard nothing back from customer service."
"This is the second Arctic Air double-door reach in that we have bought. This one is too new to comment on, but value the previous one caused us to buy this one. We think this model is well made and has all the features that we need. The only reason that I didn't rate this as a "five" is because of the freight company. I couldn't track the progress of the delivery through them, and they were very unreliable as to when they said delivery would happen. The third day of promised delivery occurred after 6:00 pm on a Friday, after everyone was gone, and I had to leave it outside for the weekend. If I buy from KaTom again, I will ask who is making their delivery."