The True T-49-HC is built with a reliable capillary tube refrigeration system that maintains temperatures consistently between 33-38 degrees Fahrenheit to preserve food quality and safety. High-performance, electronically-commutated evaporator and condenser fan motors move large volumes of air slowly so temperatures remain consistent throughout the cabinet. That design provides faster temperature recovery and shorter run times to extend the life of refrigerator components.
This two-door refrigerator's cabinet is built with a stainless steel exterior front and anodized aluminum ends, back, and top. The interior of the T-49-HC is protected with a rust-proof, clear-coated aluminum liner and stainless steel floor. Coved corners make the floor easy to keep clean. Six gray, PVC-coated wire shelves are included, each of which is adjustable in half-inch increments along durable aluminum support pilasters.
- Maintains food-safe temperatures between 33 - 38 degrees F
- 1⁄2-HP compressor provides quick temperature recovery and short run times
- Electronically-commutated evaporator and condenser fan motors move air more consistently while using less electricity than traditional motors
- Bottom-mounted condenser is in the coolest part of the kitchen for shorter run times and easy maintenance
- 6 adjustable, gray PVC-bonded wire shelves are included that can hold 250-lbs. each
- Shelves adjust in 1⁄2-in. increments along an aluminum pilaster and are each supported on 4 chrome-plated shelf clips
- LED interior lighting provides bright, even illumination
- Stainless steel front
- Anodized aluminum ends, back, and top
- Stainless steel floors with easy-to-clean coved corners
- 2 solid, stainless steel doors with door locks
- Digital exterior temperature display
- Status indicator lights display when the T-49-HC's compressor is running and when the unit is in defrost mode
- Door alarm signals that the door has been left open
- (4) 4-in. casters included
- 115 V/60 Hz/1-ph, 9.1 A, NEMA 5-15 plug with 9-ft. cord included
- Overall Dimensions: 541⁄8 in. W x 291⁄2 in. D x 833⁄8 in. H with casters
- cULus and cULus-Energy Listed; CE, NSF, and ENERGY STAR Certified
- Made in USA
Oversized and Balanced Design
- 1⁄2-in. dia. evaporator tubes are 20-40 percent larger than competitors' to dramatically improve temperature pulldown times
- 40-pass condenser is 25 percent larger than those on competitors' units, to provide more efficient cooling
- Electronically commutated evaporator fan motor uses 8-in. fan blades to create consistent air flow at a low velocity, reducing run time, decreasing pull-down time, and improving recovery time
- Evaporator coil is 20-40 percent larger than comparable models, further reducing the run time required to pull food down safe temperatures
Durable Construction, Easy Cleaning
- Easily accessible condenser can be cleaned with a shop vacuum and brush
- Condenser cover is designed for tool-free removal
- Rust-proof clear-coated aluminum interior liner
- Stainless steel floors with coved corners do not hold spills or grime, helping eliminate bacterial growth
- Durable stainless steel doors
- Recessed door handles are foamed in place with a sheet metal interlock and have a lifetime guarantee
- Rust-resistant powder-coated frames are especially well-suited for seaside locations
- PVC bonded shelves have a weight bearing load of 250 lbs. and are more durable than epoxy coated shelves
Environmentally Conscious Design
- Ecomate® high-density polyurethane insulation has zero ozone depletion and global warming potential
- Natural, environmentally-friendly R290 hydrocarbon refrigerant is more energy efficient than traditional synthetic refrigerants
- Shorter run times result in lower energy costs
- In 2015, True began transitioning their entire product line to use hydrocarbon refrigerant, a naturally-occurring, energy-efficient, and environmentally-friendly alternative to the man-made substances used conventionally. The company will continue to provide parts and warranty services for conventional models for the life of the equipment.
- In January 2015, True began shipping this product with a clear-coated aluminum interior and gray, PVC-coated shelves. The company will continue to offer white PVC-coated shelves to customers who need replacements for several years. For more information, call KaTom at 1-800-541-8683.
Refrigerator, Reach-in, two-section, stainless steel doors, stainless steel front, aluminum sides, aluminum interior with stainless steel floor, (6) adjustable PVC-coated wire shelves, interior lighting, 4" castors, R290 Hydrocarbon refrigerant, 1/2 HP, 115v/60/1, 5.4 amps, NEMA 5-15P, MADE IN USA, cULus, UL EPH Classified, CE
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
True Refrigeration T-49-HC SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Also Known As||T49, 890T49, TRUT49, T-49, TRUE T-49, 675-002|
|Compressor Location||Bottom Mount|
|Evaporator Type||Capillary Tube|
|Warranty||3 year parts & labor; 5 year compressor|
|Exterior Construction||Stainless Steel & Aluminum|
|Category||Reach In Refrigerator|
|Width (in) Range||37 - 68 in|
True Refrigeration T-49-HC Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"We have a commercial kitchen in our church. About 15 years ago we bought this same model -- with good success, so when we needed to replace it,..."
"I have had a few True units over the years and am always quite happy with them. They hold up well in a hot kitchen and keep food at a proper temp..."
"daily in school kitchen"
"We have a commercial kitchen in our church. About 15 years ago we bought this same model -- with good success, so when we needed to replace it, we reviewed models available and this unit continued to show good results for others. We reviewed specifications, and selected this unit -- we were very pleased with the quick responses we received from KaTom, and how quickly they were able to coordinate delivery details. The delivery service communicated specifics, was on time, and very professional. The fridge came down to refrigeration temp very quickly. Fairly quiet compared to the old one, this one comes to temp very quickly. We're impressed."
"I have had a few True units over the years and am always quite happy with them. They hold up well in a hot kitchen and keep food at a proper temp. Great units"
"daily in school kitchen"
"my kitchen is hot and i have had no problems with the t-49 keeping up with the demands. good buy for the money"
"i have owned many commercial boxes over the years and true is by far the best performing unit I have had. my kitchen is hot and during peak time the door on the refrigerator is opened 40+ times per hour. in most units this would get the unit around 41 which starts to get food to that unsafe area. my t-49 always runs between 33-37 which is spectacular for the demands I put it under. great unit and I will definitely buy again."
"this will be used in our kitchen at our church. We really are impressed with this refrigerator. Quick service"
"Very nice refregerator lot of space worth the money"
"Great product and an excellent price."
"The product is great. There was some damage to the right door. There are a couple dents or dings and some small scraths on the door. The church is very happy with this refrigerator except for the minor damage."
"this my second True,if my kitchen was larger, i would purchase a third one"
"The items was as good as they showed on line."
"beautiful and look forward to daily use"
"we currently have 4 of these in our kitchen at work and they are the best, longest lasting refrigerators i have ever used. they keep temp and run reliably. i have always been pleased with this unit"