The Vulcan VG40 braising pan is ideal for browning, pan frying, steaming, and more. With a 40-gallon capacity, you can easily prepare stews, chili, steamed vegetables, and other products. The 39-inch-by-23-inch cooking surface is evenly heated with one burner placed every 12 inches. Temperatures can be adjusted between 50 and 425 degrees Fahrenheit with solid state temperature controls. The burners are easy to light since there is an electronic ignition system.
Embossed gallon markings in the interior offer consistency across batches. The interior corners are coved, preventing crumbs and liquids from getting caught in small spaces. The braising pan’s cover is easy to lift with the spring-assist design, while the handle stays cool to reduce the risk of burns. To prevent water and other liquids from damaging the internal components, the controls and enclosures are sealed.
The Vulcan VG40 braising pan has a manually operated tilting mechanism that is designed to eliminate jamming. With 30 cranks of the removable handle, the pan can be tilted to completely empty the contents. When the pan is tilted past 5 degrees, the burners automatically shut off to provide the operator with safety. A formed pouring lip directs product into the pan, accelerating the unloading process and reducing messes. Pans are held under the pouring lip by a drop-away food pan support.
- Capacity of 40 gal.
- 39-in. x 23-in. cooking surface can brown, pan fry, steam, and more
- Cooking surface is made of stainless steel and bonded to a steel plate
- (1) 30,000 BTU burner is placed every 12 inches to provide even heat transfer
- Solid state temperature controls are adjustable from 50-425 degrees F
- Electronic ignition system allows automatic burner lighting
- Embossed gal. markings provide capacity measurements for consistent recipes
- Coved interior corners facilitate cleaning
- Spring assist cover is easy to lift
- Handle stays cool while cooking for user safety
- Condensate lip captures liquids
- Controls and enclosures are sealed to prevent liquids from damaging components
- Front, back, and sides are made of stainless steel to offer durability and corrosion resistance
- 12-in. legs keep the braising pan elevated of floors to make it easy to clean under the unit
- Can be bolted to floors with adjustable flanged feet
- Non-enclosed faucet mounting bracket is included (Can be installed on the left or right side)
- 3⁄4-in. rear gas connection
- 120,000 BTU
- 120 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 9 A
- Overall Dimensions: 46 in. W x 351⁄2 in. D x 70 in. H (Height is measured with the cover fully open)
- CSA and UL-EPH listed
Easy to Tilt and Pour
- Manually-operated tilting mechanism is designed to prevent jamming
- Tilts to fully empty contents with 30 cranks
- Tilting handle is removable to simplify the cleaning process
- Burners automatically shut off for safety if the pan tilts past 5 degrees
- 4-in. return flange with a formed pouring lip directs the flow of product
- Pour strainer is removable for simple cleanup
- Drop-away food pan support is mounted under the pouring lip to hold pans
Braising Pan, Gas, 40-gallon capacity, 46" wide open base, manual tilt, 9" deep s/s pan with gallon markings, pouring lip & removable strainer, spring assist cover with drip edge, pan holder, thermostatic control, includes L faucet bracket, electric ignition, 12" s/s legs with adjustable flanged feet, 120,000 BTU, NG
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Vulcan VG40 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet