This Hatco S-54 Imperial booster heater heats water to 180 degrees Fahrenheit for sanitizing dishes during a dishwasher's final rinse cycle. It can provide a 40-degree-Fahrenheit rise to water running at 542 gallons per hour or a 70-degree-Fahrenheit rise to water running at 310 gallons per hour. The tank is lined with Castone® – a durable, concrete-like substance that reduces corrosion and limescale buildup. The heater supports a high volume of water since it holds as much as 16 gallons, and its walls are filled with fiberglass insulation to retain heat. For durability, the exterior is made of stainless steel and coated with hammertone.
A low-water shut-off feature in the Hatco S-54 booster heater turns off the equipment if the tank is low on water, and a temperature-limit switch prevents overheating. For safety, a relief valve releases built-up pressure. An indicator light warns users when the unit is hot, and to save energy, an on/off switch can quickly shut it down at the end of the day. When servicing or repairing the heater, the front panel removes for access to electric components.
- Part of the Imperial series
- Maximum 542 GPH at 40-degree-F rise
- Maximum 310 GPH at 70-degree-F rise
- 16-gal. water capacity
- Pressure relief valve prevents dangerous pressure buildup
- Temperature and pressure gauges enable operators to monitor internal water conditions
- Pressure reducing valve ensures that incoming water is the right pressure
- High-temperature limit switch prevents unit from overheating
- On/off switch enables equipment to be turned off when hot water is not needed
- Low-water cut-off prevents element burnout if tank runs low on water
- Built-in heat trap minimizes heat loss through cold water inlet
- Castone tank liner protects against corrosion and limescale buildup
- Stainless steel front panel removes to provide service technicians access to internal components
- Hammertone, powder-coated body provides durability and dent resistance
- Fiberglass insulation maintains energy efficiency
- Unit is pre-plumbed and pre-wired to simplify installation
- CE approved; cULus listed; NSF certified
- Made in the U.S.
Dimensions & Utilities
- 28.49 in. W x 22.75 in. D x 31.03 in. H
- 65 A, 54 kW
- 480 V/60 Hz/3 ph
We cover these units more in-depth in the booster heater explainer.
Imperial Booster Heater, Electric, 16-gallon storage capacity, 54-KW, stainless steel front panel, powder-coated silver-gray hammertone body, 6" plastic non-adjustable legs, custom fittings, Castone tank, 6" legs, 480v/60/3-ph, NSF, cUL, UL
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Hatco S-54 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Product Type||Dishwashing Equipment & Supplies|
|Warranty||1 year parts & labor; 10-year Castone® tank limited warranty|
|70F Recovery (gph)||310|
|Made in USA||Yes|
|Usage Level||Heavy Duty|
|Width (in) Range||21 - 30|
|40F Recovery (gph)||542|
|Watts||51 - 60|