The Koolaire KYT-0700A ice maker uses air to cool its refrigerant lines, which run over the evaporator plate to cool it down to freezing temperatures. Water running over the plate quickly freezes into cubes in the individual cells. After a specific amount of the time, an ice thickness float switch shuts off the water flow, and the harvest cycle begins. The evaporator is then warmed up to release cubes from the plate and drop them into a bin.
This unit is sold separately from bins and dispensers. It can produce 675 pounds of ice in 24 hours if conditions are ideal, but it will usually produce 580 pounds of ice in standard kitchens. Water flows through the food zone, which is made of white plastic so that staff can see when it needs cleaning. The Koolaire KYT-0700A ice machine has removable components for quick cleanup.
- 675-lb. ice production capacity
- 580-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Corrosion-resistant exterior finish
- Food zone is accessible when 2 screws are taken out and the door is lifted off
- White plastic in the food zone helps staff tell when it needs to be cleaned
- Distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield are removable
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in. x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin and dispenser sold separately
- Ice deflector is required with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 12,400 average BTU; 13,700 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and side clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Water curtain must be closed and the toggle switch turned to "ice"
- Trough water is disposed of by the purge cycle
- Refrigerant lines are cooled by air
- Evaporator plate is cooled with refrigerant lines
- Water is frozen in the cells of the evaporator plate
- Ice thickness float switch monitors how long water flows over the plate
- Harvest float switch is turned on by ice thickness
- Cubes are released when the evaporator plate is slightly heated
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 8.5 A, 5.35 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
The ice machine resource goes in-depth on bins, dispensers, and accessories.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 675 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (580 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half-dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, ENERGY STAR®, 208-230v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-0700A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet