The Koolaire KYT-0700W ice machine head produces 580 pounds of ice on average, but when conditions are ideal, it can make 705 pounds. Half-cube ice is excellent for almost any drink type since it cools liquids quickly. However, it will melt faster than full-cube ice. To produce ice, water must first flow through the food zone, an area that should be cleaned regularly by removing its components.
The unit's toggle switch must be turned to "ice" for production to begin. Water cools the refrigerant lines, which in turn cool the evaporator plate. This water then runs over the evaporator and freezes in the cells. After a specific amount of time, the flow is shut off by an ice thickness float switch, and a harvest switch stops the evaporator plate from cooling when ice reaches a certain thickness. The Koolaire KYT-0700W ice maker then warms its evaporator so that the ice cubes fall into a bin or dispenser (sold separately).
- 705-lb. ice production capacity
- 580-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Access to the food zone is provided by removing 2 screws and lifting away the door
- Corrosion-resistant finish on the exterior
- Food zone reveals when it needs to be cleaned with white plastic
- Distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield are removable
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in. x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser is sold separately
- Ice deflector is required with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 12,400 average BTU; 13,700 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and side clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Water curtain must be closed and the toggle switch set to "ice"
- Purge cycle removes water from the trough
- Water-cooled refrigerant lines
- Refrigerant lines cool the evaporator plate
- Individual cubes are formed when water freezes in the evaporator plate
- Ice thickness float switch shuts off the waterflow after it runs over the switch for a certain amount of time
- Ice thickness is measured by a harvest probe
- Evaporator plate is heated so that ice releases and falls into a bin
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 8.2 A, 4.45 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Our guide to ice makers has in-depth information on the different ice types and machines.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 705 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (580 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half-dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 208-230v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-0700W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet