The Koolaire KDT-0700W ice machine can produce 660 pounds of ice in near-perfect conditions, but its average ice production is around 550 pounds. Full-cube ice melts slowly to prevent drinks from getting watery, but it does not cool them as quickly as small ice types. The food zone can be accessed after removing two screws and the door. A bin or dispenser must be bought separately from the head. This unit's exterior has a finish that resists corrosion.
For this Koolaire KDT-0700W ice maker to create ice, the toggle switch must be set to "ice" so that water flows over refrigerant lines, cooling them down. These lines run over the evaporator plate to chill it so that the water running over it freezes into cubes as it cools. Once the cubes are formed and water runs over the floater switch, the flow shuts off and a harvest cycle starts. When the water that cools the refrigerant lines stops, they begin to warm up. The evaporator plate warms as a result, melting enough of the cubes to release them from the plate.
- 660-lb. ice production capacity
- 550-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- 2 screws and the door must be removed to access the food zone
- Exterior finish resists smudges and fingerprints
- Food zone has white plastic so operators can tell when it needs to be cleaned
- Distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield are removable
- Full-cube ice size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Requires an ice deflector when paired with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 12,400 average BTU; 13,700 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and sides clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Toggle switch should be set to the "ice" cycle and the water curtain should be shut
- Water purge cycle removes old water from the trough
- Water-cooled refrigerant lines
- Evaporator plate is chilled by refrigerant lines
- Evaporator plate chills running water to form ice in the cells
- Water flows over the ice thickness float switch
- Harvest float switch flips when the ice is thick enough
- Refrigerant lines warm the evaporator plate to melt ice so it can be released
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 8.2 A, 5.35 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Find out more about ice machines from the ice makers article.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 660 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (550 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 208-230v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KDT-0700W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet