The Southbend S36A gas range is heated by propane gas, coming with six cast iron burners that withstand heavy use and sit under removable cast iron grates. Each burner is controlled with a red-striped metal knob, located on the lower valve panel. Spilled food is caught by a crumb tray that sits under the burners, and a 4-inch stainless steel rail on the front unit acts as a food plating area. Most of the unit is stainless steel to withstand frequent use.
The base has a convection oven that quickly browns and bakes product. Heat is retained in the cavity since it is insulated with blow rock wool that supports itself. An ergonomic door handle aids in opening the oven, and a safety valve shuts off the gas flow if the flame goes out. The Southbend S36A gas range's oven has an enameled, heavy-duty interior, while two removable racks adjust to five positions.
- Heated with propane
- Open top range has 6 burners
- One-piece, cast-iron burners have a large opening to resist clogging
- 4-in. stainless steel rail acts as a place where plates can be set for food transfer
- Made of mostly stainless steel to withstand consistent use
- 6 cast iron grates are removable for cleaning
- Crumb drawer under the burners collect food for disposal
- Metal knobs with a red stripe control the burners
- Hinged lower-valve panel provides access to internal components
- 6-in. adjustable legs lift the unit for cleaning underneath
- 179,000 BTU
- Overall dimensions: 36.5 in. W x 41.75 in. D x 59.5 in. H
- CSA Gas-Fired listed; NSF certified
35,000 BTU Convection Oven
- Ergonomic chrome door handle
- Enameled oven cavity withstands high-volume use
- Self-supporting blow rock wool insulates the oven to retain heat
- Temperature range: 175-500 degrees F
- Flame failure safety device shuts off the flow of gas if the flame goes out
- 5 position rack guide with 2 removable racks
- Heavy-duty, U-shaped oven burner
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 5.9 A, 1710 RPM, 1⁄2 HP
- Oven interior dimensions: 26 in. W x 24 in. D x 14 in. H
If you're unsure what kind of range or oven you need, take a look at our ovens and ranges buyers' guide for additional information.
S-Series Restaurant Range, LP gas, 36", (6) 28,000 BTU open burners, (1) convection oven, snap action thermostat, removable cast iron grate tops & crumb drawer, hinged lower valve panel, includes (2) racks, stainless steel front, sides, shelf, 4" front rail & 6" adjustable legs, 115v/60/1-ph, 5.9 amps, cord and plug, 203,000 BTU, CSA, NSF
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend S36A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|BTU / Burner||28000|
|Warranty||1 year limited parts and labor|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39 in|