A "pear" of KaTom recipes with real autumn appeal
We would like to share a couple of seasonal recipes for November. Both are made with healthy fruits and seasonings that are plentiful this time of year. They are very tasty, nice dishes to try by themselves or for your holiday meals.
Poached Pears with Raisin Sauce
- Peel 4 pears; leaving stems in place (I used Bartlett)
- Bring 2 cups cranberry juice, 1 cups water & ½ cup sugar to a boil in medium size pan
- Reduce heat to simmer & add 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon cinnamon & pears
- Cover and cook until tender (20-25 minutes)
While pears cook make raisin sauce by cooking over medium heat:
Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Wash, dry & remove core from 4 tart apples leaving bottom of apple intact
- Stuff each apple with 1 tsp. raisins, 2 tbs. brown sugar, 1 tbs. butter and ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Place in covered baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes, until apples are tender
- Drizzle sauce over apples to serve
We hope you enjoy these wonderful and easy recipes. And from all of us at KaTom, have a pleasant Thanksgiving holiday.
Anyone building or renovating schools that involve kitchens, serving areas or dining areas, please contact me at MaryLou@KaTom.com or 865-223-1150 or KaTom direct at (800-541-8683 or 423-586-5839). We would be grateful for the opportunity to provide quotes or respond to bids or RFPs on any and all items needed.