In suitable conditions, the Koolaire KYT-0500A ice machine head creates 550 pounds of ice in a day. Water flows through the distribution tube and is siphoned into the evaporator grid to form ice. This grid then shapes the water into half-cube ice, which has a narrow shape that can be packed into a glass more tightly than full-cubes. Because less liquid is required to fill a glass, this shape helps restaurants or bars save money on beverages. Frozen cubes drop from the grid and fall into a K-570 ice bin for storage.
The Koolaire KYT-0500A ice maker has a design that facilitates servicing. A water shield helps protect its dry parts from water, so less repairs are needed. Air-cooled condensers' fans are often easier to repair than water-cooled condensers' parts. When cleaning, the distribution tube, pump, and shield do not require tools for removal. Dirty spots show up clearly on the white plastic food in the food zone areas.
- 550-lb. maximum daily ice production when the surrounding air is 70 degrees F and incoming water is 50 degrees F
- 425-lb. maximum daily ice production when the surrounding air is 70 degrees F and incoming water is 50 degrees F
- Produces half-size cubes
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Air-cooled condenser
- Runs with R-410A refrigerant
- Staff can see debris and dirt on the white plastic food zone for cleaning
- Water is less likely to damage the internal parts due to the water shield
- Shield, pump, and distribution tube do not require tools for removal
- Exterior has the appearance of stainless steel
- Fingerprint-resistant finish
- Ice bin sold separately
- Ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- CE approved; cULus listed; AHRI, NSF, and ENERGY STAR certified
Dimensions & Utilities
- Overall dimensions: 24 in. L x 30 in. W x 21.5 in. H
- 12.7 A, 5.3 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Unsure which ice maker to get? You can compare them through our ice machine buying guide.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 550 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (425 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half-dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, ENERGY STAR®, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-0500A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||550|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39|