The Koolaire KDT-0420W ice machine head has a toggle switch that must be turned to its "ice" function to work. Water cools the refrigerant lines, which then cool the evaporator plate. Once at the correct temperature, the evaporator plate freezes the water that runs over it into individual cubes. An ice thickness float switch stops the flow when enough water runs over it, then an ice thickness probe warms the refrigerant. This process warms the evaporator plate so that ice is released and dropped into a bin or dispenser.
This machine can produce 457 pounds of ice or 375 pounds of ice depending on ambient air and incoming water temperatures. Its full-cube ice melts slowly to prevent drinks from becoming watery. However, it does not cool drinks as quickly as smaller ice types, nor does it take up as much room in glasses. The Koolaire KDT-0420W ice maker has white plastic in its food zone, so staff can tell when it needs to be cleaned. To access the food zone, two screws and the door need to be removed.
- 457-lb. ice production capacity
- 375-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- 2 screws come out and the door lifts off for access to the food zone
- White plastic is in the food zone to support cleanup
- Distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield are removable for cleaning
- Exterior finish resists corrosion
- Full-cube ice size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Requires an ice deflector with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 5,400 average BTU; 6,300 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and sides clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Toggle switch should be turned to "ice" while the water curtain is closed
- Water is removed with the purge cycle
- Water-cooled refrigerant lines
- Refrigerant lines are cold and transfer their temperature to the evaporator
- Evaporator plate is cold enough to freeze cubes
- Ice thickness float switch turns the water flow off after a specific amount of time
- Harvest float switch monitors the ice sheet thickness to know when ice is ready
- Refrigerant warms the evaporator plate so that cubes fall off
Dimensions & Utilities
- 22 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 9.6 A, 4.6 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Details on ice makers, bins, and accessories are available in the ice machine article.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 22" W, production capacity up to 457 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (375 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KDT-0420W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-420, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||457|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Production Range (per day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||10-29|