The Koolaire KYT-0420W ice machine head has a water-cooled condenser, which is quieter and more efficient than air-cooled units. To form cubes, a pump pushes water through the distribution tube and onto the evaporator grid. Water then gathers in the grid and freezes into half-size cubes. To prevent water damage to sensitive components, a water shield restricts excess water throughout this process. Once frozen, the ready-to-use cubes are released from the grid. In ideal conditions, this machine can create 435 pounds of ice within a day. With the purchase of a Koolaire ice bin, the half-cube ice can be stored for later. Since they pack together tightly in glasses, these cubes are excellent for chilling beverages.
The exterior of the Koolaire KYT-0420W ice maker is designed to look like stainless steel and has a smudge-resistant finish. The food zone—the place where ice forms—is made of white plastic, which helps highlight areas that need to be cleaned. Even without a screwdriver or wrench, staff can remove the pump, distribution tube, and shield to speed up the cleaning process.
- 435-lb. daily ice production capacity when ambient air is 70 degrees F and incoming water is 50 degrees F
- 390-lb. daily ice production capacity when ambient air is 90 degrees F and incoming water is 70 degrees F
- Creates half-cube ice
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Condenser is water cooled
- Food zone is white plastic to reveal dirt
- Water shield keeps splashes away from the internal components
- For cleaning, the water shield, distribution tube, and pump are removable
- Stainless steel-like finish resists fingerprints
- Ice bin sold separately
- Surrounding air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- CE approved; cULus listed; AHRI and NSF certified
Dimensions & Utilities
- 24 in. L x 22 in. W x 21.5 in. H
- 9.6 A, 4.6 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
For additional information about these units, take a look at the ice machine explainer article.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 22" W, production capacity up to 435 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (390 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half-dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-0420W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||435|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||10 - 29|