The Hobart FD4/125-2 garbage disposer has heavy-duty aluminum grind and discharge housings with four bolts that secure the motor unit to the grind chamber. Its motor is equipped with a manual-reset thermal overload inherent protector to prevent overheating. To avoid metal-on-metal contact, a vinyl isolating ring sits at the cone mounting and minimizes noise transmission and vibration. A breaker blade mounted at the center speed grinds to prevent objects from getting stuck. This unit also has four machine-ground primary action breaker bars and 42 secondary action grinding teeth.
The Hobart FD4/125-2 garbage disposer has slots that undercut the shredder ring to ensure objects are cut to the appropriate size before running to the drain line, reducing clogs and jams. Operating in either direction of the flywheel’s rotation, this unit has two hardened stainless steel cutter blocks that can be replaced and indexed for new cutting edges. Lubricated ball bearings provide upper and lower shelf support, and sealed upper bearings sit on both sides of the motor.
- Heavy-duty aluminum grind and discharge housings
- 4 removable bolts secure the motor to the grind chamber
- Lubricated ball bearings for upper and lower shelf support
- Sealed upper bearing on both sides of the motor
- Motor is equipped with a manual-reset thermal overload inherent protector
- Vinyl isolating ring at the cone mounting minimizes vibration and noise transmission
- 13⁄4-in.-high stationary shredder ring
- 4 machine-ground primary action breaker bars
- 42 secondary action grinding teeth
- Center-mounted breaker blade speed grinds to prevent objects from getting stuck in the middle
- 2 replaceable hardened stainless steel cutter blocks can be indexed for new cutting edges
- 63⁄16-in.-dia. Ni-Resist flywheel
- Slots undercut the shredder ring to ensure objects are the appropriate size before reaching the drain line
- Chrome-plated brass tailpiece is included for connection to a 11⁄2-in. standard drain trap
- Durable cartridge-style mechanical face seal
- Rotating mating ring aligns with a wear-resistant seal surface
- Operates in either flywheel rotation direction
- Attaches to 7-in. I.D. cones
- 1.8-3.7 A, 11⁄4 HP
- 208-240/480 V/60 Hz/3 ph
- 225⁄8 in. H
- ETL-sanitation listed
Garbage disposer, basic unit only, 1.25 HP motor, 22.75"H, 2 - 4.2 Amps, 208-240/480v/60/3ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Hobart FD4/125-2 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Warranty||1 year parts & labor|
|Product Type||Commercial Sinks|