Thermostatic controls operate from 200 to 400 degrees on the Southbend HDG-72 gas griddle, while embedded, load-sensing thermostats ensure the temperature is accurate in the 1-inch-thick griddle plate. Distributing heat evenly, the plate is strong to resist warping when the unit heats up and cools down frequently. A 5-inch backsplash and 4-inch side splashes contain messes to the cooktop, and they are stored in the large capacity grease drawer until the operator cleans the Southbend HDG-72 gas griddle. Since the unit is elevated off the countertop, it can be cleaned underneath.
- Insta-on thermostatic controls can be adjusted from 200-400 degrees F
- Embedded, load-sensing thermostats accurately measure temperatures
- 1-in.-thick, durable griddle plate evenly distributes heat
- 4-in. side splashes and 5-in. backsplash contain liquids to simplify cleaning
- Insulated, double-walled sides retain heat and are reinforced to add structure
- Stainless steel vent, front, and sides resist corrosion and provide strength
- Aluminized steel rear and bottom panels support high-volume use
- Large capacity drawers contain grease
- Elevated with 4-in. adjustable legs
- Electronic spark ignition with a flame failure safety device
- 3⁄4-in. rear gas connection and pressure regulator
- Heated by natural gas
- 180,000 BTU
- Overall dimensions: 72 in. W x 31.86 in. D x 19 in. H
- cCSAus and CSA Gas-Fired listed; NSF certified
Our countertop equipment buyers' guide has in-depth information on griddles and other countertop cooking equipment.
Griddle, countertop, natural gas, 72" W x 24" D cooking surface, 1" thick polished steel plate, thermostatic controls, battery spark ignition, flame failure safety device, stainless steel front, sides & 4" adjustable legs, 180,000 BTU, CSA, NSF (Note: Qualifies for Southbend's Service First™ Program, see Service First document for details)
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend HDG-72 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|BTU / Burner||30000|
|Overall Width (in)||72|
|Cooking Area Depth (in)||24|
|Plate Thickness (in)||1|
|Control Spacing (in)||12|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
|Overall Depth (in)||33.75|