The Southbend HDG-72 gas griddle has a 1-inch-thick plate to evenly distribute heat and resist warping as it heats up and cools down repeatedly. The unit is Thermostatically controlled from 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for precision, the unit’s temperature is monitored by thermostats embedded in the plate. Cleaning the unit is simplified since grease is contained by a backsplash and side splashes, and the grease drawer has a large capacity. Constructed of stainless and aluminized steel, this Southbend HDG-72 gas griddle is heavy duty and resistant to corrosion, while adjustable legs elevate the unit off the countertop.
- Propane heated
- Temperature range: 200-400 degrees F with the Insta-on thermostatic controls
- Embedded, load-sensing thermostats ensures accurate temperatures
- 1-in.-thick griddle plate distributes heat evenly while resisting warping
- 4-in. side splashes and 5-in. backsplash contain liquids to the cook surface
- Double-walled sides are reinforced for strength and insulated for heat retention
- Stainless steel vent, front, and sides resist corrosion, dents, and scratches
- Aluminized steel rear and bottom panels withstand frequent use
- Large capacity grease drawers simplify cleaning
- 4-in. adjustable legs elevate the unit
- Electronic spark ignition with a flame failure safety device
- 3⁄4-in. rear gas connection and pressure regulator
- 180,000 BTU
- Overall dimensions: 72 in. W x 31.86 in. D x 19 in. H
- cCSAus and CSA Gas-Fired listed; NSF certified
Some of the features and benefits of griddles and other countertop cooking equipment is listed in our countertop equipment buyers' guide.
Griddle, countertop, LP gas, 72" W x 24" D cooking surface, 1" thick polished steel plate, thermostatic controls, battery spark ignition, flame failure safety device, stainless steel front, sides & 4" adjustable legs, 180,000 BTU, CSA, NSF (Note: Qualifies for Southbend's Service First™ Program, see Service First document for details)
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend HDG-72 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|BTU / Burner||30000|
|Overall Width (in)||72|
|Cooking Area Depth (in)||24|
|Plate Thickness (in)||1|
|Control Spacing (in)||12|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
|Overall Depth (in)||33.75|
|Product Type||Countertop Cooking Equipment|