The Star 648TF Star-Max® griddle is heated by natural gas; a conversion kit is included to switch the power to LP gas if necessary. The griddle has four aluminized steel burners spaced every 12 inches, providing even heat across the 48-inch cooktop. In the plate, an embedded modulating thermostat that operates from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit provides quick response times when the temperature changes. The plate is 1 inch thick, so it is more durable and distributes and retains heat better than thin plates.
A tapered splash guard is built into the Star 648TF gas griddle, containing grease splatter and crumbs to the cooktop. Grease from the plate moves into the trough, where users can push the liquid into the 4.5-quart grease drawer. Durable for high-volume operations, the griddle is welded. The stainless steel front resists corrosion, dents, and scratches, while the bullnose design separates operators from the hot cooktop.
- 1-in.-thick, polished steel plate retains heat
- 4 U-shaped, aluminized steel burners are spaced to evenly heat each 12-in. section
- Embedded modulating thermostat responds quickly to temperature changes
- Temperature range: 150-450 degrees F
- Chrome-plated cast zinc knobs support high-volume operation
- 4.5-in. tapered splash guard containing messes to the cooktop
- 3.25-in. trough moves liquid into the 4.5-qt. drawer
- Welded body adds structural stability to the unit
- Front is constructed of corrosion-resistant stainless steel to facilitate cleaning
- Bullnose front design provides heat protection
- 4-in. legs are adjustable
- 113,200 BTU
- cULus and UL-EPH listed
- Made in the U.S.
Dimensions & Utilities
- 48 in. W x 29 in. D x 15.5 in. H
- Natural gas can be converted to LP gas with the included kit
Take a look at our article on griddles to learn more about the features of these units.
Star-Max® Heavy Duty Griddle, gas, countertop, 48" W x 21" D cooking surface, 1" thick polished steel griddle plate, embedded modulating thermostat every 12", heavy duty knobs, wrap-around stainless steel splash guard, grease trough & stainless steel drawer, welded steel frame with stainless steel front, 4" legs, 113,200 BTU, cULus, UL EPH Classified, Made in USA, (ships Natural gas includes LP conversion kit)
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Star 648TF SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Also Known As||648TD|
|BTU / Burner||28300|
|Overall Width (in)||48|
|Cooking Area Depth (in)||21|
|Plate Thickness (in)||1|
|Control Spacing (in)||12|
|Special Features||Front Grease Trough|
|Warranty||2 years parts & labor|
|Overall Depth (in)||29|
|Product Type||Countertop Cooking Equipment|