Cam GoBox Provides Lightweight Durability
For more than 60 years, Cambro has been manufacturing high-quality products for the foodservice industry. The company got its start making a superior hospital meal tray and quickly branched out into shelving, storage, food pans, and carts. The Cambro name has become synonymous with catering supplies, particularly insulated food transport. The company's new line in insulated transport is the Cam GoBox, a lightweight and durable food box that is ideal for operators working with a tight budget.
Each box in the Cam GoBox line has 'EPP' at the front of its product number, which denotes what the boxes are made out of. Expanded polypropylene is a versatile material often used in automotive construction, packaging, and HVAC equipment. The plastic material has a texture similar to Styrofoam, but since its base material is polypropylene instead of polystyrene, it has a strength usually found in heavier catering equipment.
- Food-safe: Expanded polypropylene is chemically inert, meaning that oil and grease do not affect it. The material is also CFC-free and safe for contact with food.
- Lightweight: Because the plastic is expanded, there is a lot of air infused into the final material, making it lightweight and easy to transport.
- Strong: The structure of the expanded polypropylene means that it is strong and able to hold a lot of weight while maintaining its shape. This same structure also means that the material can withstand impacts by absorbing energy, making it durable and damage-resistant.
- Insulating: Expanded polypropylene helps maintain temperature stability within the cavity when the GoBox is sealed. Tests conducted by Cambro showed hot dishes lost only 10 degrees Fahrenheit in 4 hours, and cold dishes gained roughly 20 degrees Fahrenheit in the same amount of time. These temperature changes can be mitigated even further by using a Camchiller or Camwarmer.
- Dishwasher-safe: The material's durability means that the Cambro GoBox series can safely be washed in commercial dishwashers.
Cambro catering equipment is built to be convenient and easy to use, and the Cam GoBox line is no exception. The GoBox line is made to be simple to load and unload, with options for both top-loading and front-loading, so you can choose the design that best meets your needs. The interior wall is recessed and the door opens a full 270 degrees for full access to the interior, which can be filled with full-size and half-size pans of varying depths.
The Cambro Cam GoBox line makes transportation simple with ergonomic recessed handles. The front-loader design has handles on all four sides so that you can find the most comfortable grip for you. The door on the front-loader latches firmly shut, avoiding the danger of food falling out of the box during transport. Each GoBox has an identification label area that allows you to label boxes with their contents so you can always find what you need quickly. If you are moving multiple boxes at once, you can make use of the Cambro Camdolly, which has swivel casters, a maximum capacity of 550 pounds, and is designed to fit the GoBox line.
The Cambro GoBox line is designed to be easy to store. When the boxes are in use, they can stack on top of each other while maintaining stability. When they need to be stored between uses, they can be inter-stacked, saving up to 30 percent of the space they would take up otherwise. When the box has reached the end of its life, it is recyclable, making it an optimal choice for businesses focused on being environmentally friendly.