The Koolaire KYT-1700W ice machine can produce 1,815 pounds of ice if ambient air and incoming water temperatures are ideal. This unit makes half-cube ice, which is excellent for cooling beverages since it has a small surface area, but it melts more quickly than full-cube ice. Water that will soon become ice first flows through the food zone, which must be cleaned on a regular basis. This area can be accessed by removing two screws and the door, and its components can be taken out for quick cleanup.
For ice to be produced, the toggle must be set to "ice," and the water curtain must be closed. Water is used to cool the unit's refrigerant lines, and these lines are then used to cool the evaporator. Water constantly flows over the evaporator so that the water in the evaporator cells can freeze to form cubes. Once the ice is formed, a float switch shuts off the water flow, and a harvest probe checks the thickness so that the unit knows when to release the ice.
- 1,815-lb. ice production capacity
- 1,550-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Exterior finish resists corrosion and smudges
- Access the food zone is provided through 2 removable screws and the door
- Quick-cleaning white plastic food zone
- Removable distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in. x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Ice deflector is required with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 24,700 average BTU; 29,000 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and side clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Toggle switch must be set to "ice" while the water curtain is closed
- Water is removed from the trough in the purge cycle
- Water-cooled refrigerant lines
- Refrigerant lines cool the evaporator plate
- Water flowing over the evaporator plate is frozen into cubes
- Ice thickness float switch shuts off the flow of water
- Ice thickness is checked by the harvest probe so that operators know when to shut off the water cooling the refrigerant lines
- Evaporator releases the ice when it warms up
Dimensions & Utilities
- 48 in. W x 24 in. D x 29.5 in. H
- 16.8 A, 3.4 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Find out more from our resource for ice makers.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 48" W, production capacity up to 1815 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (1550 lb AHRI certified at 90°70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 208-230v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-1700W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||1815|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||1500-2099 lb|
|Width (in) Range||40 - 49|