The Koolaire KYT-1000A ice machine must have its water curtain closed and its toggle set to "ice" for it to begin production. Its refrigerant lines are cooled by air before they run over the evaporator so that the plate can freeze water in its individual cells and form cubes. Once water has flowed over the ice thickness float switch for a certain amount of time, it shuts off. Ice thickness is measured by a harvest probe so that the unit knows when to shut off the air that is cooling the refrigerant lines. When these lines are cool, the evaporator can warm enough to release its ready-to-use ice.
Any water that turns into ice must first run through the food zone. White plastic in this area ensures that staff can tell when it needs to be cleaned, and some of its parts can be removed for more thorough cleaning. To access this area, the door must be lifted off after two screws are removed. The Koolaire KYT-1000A ice maker produces half-cube ice, which is ideal for drinks, bagged ice, and some displays. It melts more quickly than full-cube ice but also cools drinks faster and takes up more space in glasses. This unit can produce 960 pounds within 24 hours if outside conditions are ideal.
- 960-lb. ice production capacity
- 775-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Exterior has a corrosion-resistant finish
- 2 removable screws and a door provide access to the food zone
- White plastic in the food zone reveals when it needs to be cleaned
- Removable distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield
- Half-cube ice size: 0.375 in. x 1.125 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Ice deflector is required with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 15,400 average BTU; 17,100 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and side clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Water curtain must be closed and the toggle switch set on "ice"
- Trough water is removed by a purge cycle
- Air-cooled refrigerant lines
- Evaporator plate is chilled by refrigerant lines
- Evaporator is cold and freezes the water running over it in the cells
- Water flow is turned off once it passes over the ice thickness float switch for a certain time
- Harvest probe monitors ice thickness, so it knows when to heat the evaporator
- Ice falls off the evaporator plate when its surface melts
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 29.5 in. H
- 10.8 A, 4.9 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Take a look at the explainer article for ice machines for even more information.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 960 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (775 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, half-dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 208-230v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KYT-1000A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||960|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39|