The Koolaire KDT-0500W ice maker uses water to cool its refrigerant lines, which run over the evaporator to cool the plate. Water flows over the evaporator plate and freezes in the cells when chilled. Once water runs for a specific time, the ice thickness floater switch shuts off the flow. Then, the harvest cycle switch is turned on, warming the refrigerant lines that then warm the evaporator plate. Through this process, ice melts enough to fall off the plate and into a bin or dispenser.
Full-cube ice can be used for alcoholic drinks and other beverages. It does not take up as much space in glasses as smaller ice types but does not melt quickly. The Koolaire KDT-0500W ice machine can produce 420 to 533 pounds of ice, depending on ambient air and incoming water temperatures. Internal components can be removed from the white plastic food zone to facilitate cleaning. The exterior has a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
- 533-lb. ice production capacity
- 420-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Access to the food zone is provided by removing 2 screws and the door
- White plastic food zone should be cleaned regularly to prevent scale buildup
- Removable distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield
- Exterior finish resists smudges and fingerprints
- Full-cube size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Requires an ice deflector when paired with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 5,300 average BTU; 6,100 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and sides clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Toggle switch must be turned to the "ice" cycle, and the water curtain must be closed
- Trough water is removed by the purge cycle
- Water-cooled refrigerant lines
- Refrigerant lines cool the evaporator plate
- Water running over the evaporator plate freezes
- Ice thickness float switch is flipped by water flow
- Ice thickness turns on the harvest float switch
- Ice releases from the evaporator plate once the refrigerant lines warm it
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 12 A, 4.4 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Not sure what kind of unit you need? Get information on the different machines from our buyers' guide to ice makers.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 533 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (420 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KDT-0500W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||533|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39|