The Koolaire KDT-0400W ice machine head uses water to cool the refrigerant lines that run over the evaporator, and once the evaporator is cold, water flows over it and freezes into full-size cubes. When water has flowed over the ice thickness probe long enough, it shuts off and refrigerant warms the evaporator plate to release the cubes into the bin or dispenser.
Full-cube ice melts slowly but does not take up as much space in cups or chill as quickly as half-cube ice. This unit can produce 425 pounds of ice with ideal ambient air and incoming water temperatures. White plastic components in the food zone support quick cleanup, and specific parts are removable for cleaning. Its exterior finish prevents fingerprints and stains from marking the surface. The Koolaire KDT-0400W ice maker does not come with an ice bin or dispenser.
- 425-lb. ice production capacity
- 360-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- 2 screws and the door must be removed to access the food zone
- Exterior finish resists corrosion
- Quick-cleaning white plastic food zone
- Removable distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield
- Full-cube ice size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Ice bin and dispenser sold separately
- Ice deflector is required with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 3,800 average BTU; 6,000 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and sides clearance: 8 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
How It Works
- Water curtain must be closed and toggle switch set to "ice"
- Water is removed from the trough by the water purge cycle
- Evaporator plate is cooled by refrigerant lines, which are cooled with water
- Water freezes in the evaporator plate once it is chilled
- Ice thickness float switch turns on when water flows over it
- Harvest float switch is activated when the ice sheet is thick enough
- Refrigerant heats the evaporator plate to release the ice
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 11.4 A, 4.6 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Check out the ice makers article for additional information.
Ice Kube Machine, cube style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 425 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (360 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), water shield, smudge & fingerprint resistant, stainless like finish, dice size cubes, R410a refrigerant, NSF, cULus, CE, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KDT-0400W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||K-400, K-570, K-970|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||425|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39|