The Vulcan VE40 braising pan can be used as a griddle, pan fryer, steamer, and more. The 40-gallon capacity works well for universities, cafeterias, medium to heavy traffic restaurants, and other large establishments. The temperature can be adjusted from 50 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with solid state temperature controls. An even heat transfer between the heating elements and cooking plate is created by the FastBatch™ heating technology, accelerating heat-up times and reducing boil times. Embedded heating elements offer even heat distribution across the 39-inch-by-23-inch stainless steel clad.
The plate has a non-stick finish, releasing cooked-on product easily so it is easy to clean. Coved corners in the interior make it simple to clean, while the recessed hinges eliminate nooks for particles to be wedged into. To keep water, grease, and other liquids out of the braising pan’s components, the controls and enclosures are sealed. Gallon and liter markings are embossed on the interior of the unit to ensure product measurements are consistent across batches. The lid can be locked in place to offer vented cooking, and the handle remains cool to prevent injury.
The Vulcan VE40 braising pan has a manually operated lifting mechanism. If it tilts past 5 degrees, the heating elements automatically shut off. With 30 cranks of the handle, the pan can be tilted completely to empty the contents. A pitcher pour front features a 4-inch lip to direct the flow of product into pans. A food receiving pan support is mounted under the pour lip to easily hold pans and collect the cooked product.
- 40-gal. capacity
- Solid-state temperature controls can be adjusted between 50-425 degrees F
- FastBatch heating creates an efficient heat transfer between the heating elements and cook plate to reduce boil times
- Embedded heating elements offer even heat distribution
- 39-in. x 23-in. cooking surface is stainless steel bonded to a steel sub plate
- Plate has a non-stick finish to facilitate cleanup
- Food particles will not get caught in the coved interior corners
- Hinges are recessed to prevent product from getting stuck in small areas
- Controls and enclosures are sealed to keep water and other liquids out
- Embossed gallon and liter marks ensure measurements are accurate for consistent cooking
- Lid can be locked in place for vented cooking
- Handle remains cool to reduce the risk of burns
- Front, back, and sides are made of stainless steel to provide durability
- 12 in. legs lift the braising pan to a convenient height
- Adjustable flanged feet can be bolted to the floor for stability
- Faucet mounting bracket is included (Ships loose and mounts on the left or right side, adds 3 in. to the width)
- 240 V/50-60 Hz/3 ph, 16 kW
- Overall Dimensions: 46 in. W x 351⁄2 in. D x 70 in. H (Height measures the pan with the lid completely open)
- cULus and UL-EPH listed
Efficient Tilting and Pouring
- Lifting mechanism is manually operated and will not easily jam
- Can be tilted fully to empty contents in 30 cranks
- Heating elements shut off when tilted past 5 degrees
- Pitcher pour front has a 4-in. lip to direct the flow of contents to the pan
- Pouring lip has a perforated strainer that is removable for cleanup
- Food receiving pan support is mounted under the pour lip to collect product
Braising Pan, electric, 40-gallon capacity, 46" wide open base, manual tilt, 9" deep stainless steel pan with gallon markings, pouring lip & removable strainer, spring assist cover with drip edge, pan holder, water tight solid state controls, includes L faucet bracket, 12" stainless steel legs with adjustable flanged feet, 12 kw, 240/3v
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Vulcan VE40 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet