The Groen TDB-20C tabletop tilting kettle has a 20-quart capacity. A steam jacket filled with water encloses the bottom two-thirds of the kettle, and when the water level gets too low, a warning light tells staff it is ready to be refilled. Ranging from 150 to 295 degrees Fahrenheit, the cook temperature is set by turning a knob to a setting between 1 and 10. When the kettle is warming up, a light cautions users not to touch the unit and turns off when the desired temperature is reached. While cooking, thermostatic controls help maintain a consistent temperature by shutting off the heat when the set temperature is met and turning it back on if the temperature falls.
Made of welded stainless steel, the unit is strong and rust resistant. The rim on this Groen TDB-20C tilting kettle is reinforced and has a butterfly-shaped lip that facilitates smooth pouring. Pans as deep as 4 inches fit under the rim after it is manually tilted. For safety, the kettle stops heating when tilted past 12 degrees.
- 20-qt. capacity
- Temperature range: 150-295 degrees F
- Two-thirds steam jacket
- Self-contained steam source does not require boiler connection
- Welded 1-piece, 304 stainless steel construction is durable and can be cleaned quickly
- Butterfly-shaped lip in the strong, reinforced rim eliminates splatter when pouring out contents
- Pouring height accommodates 4-in. pans
- Manual tilt with a right- or left-mounted handle
- Safety cut-off shuts heating elements off when tilted past 12 degrees
- Low-water cut-off prevents operation when water level is too low
- Pressure-relief valve opens to relieve excess pressure when it exceeds 50 PSI
- High-limit pressure switch
- cULus listed; NSF certified
- Made in the U.S.
Classic Control System
- On/off switch and power indicator light
- Temperature is controlled by a knob with markings from 1-10
- Automatic thermostatic controls shut off heat when at desired temperature and turn on heat when below desired temperature
- Heating indicator light illuminates when the unit is warming up and turns off when it reaches the set temperature
- Low-water warning light illuminates if the jacket water falls below the required level
- Enclosed in a water-resistant casing
Dimensions & Utilities
- 25.6 in. W x 20.8 in. D x 23.1 in. H (H measured to the rim)
- 18 A, 6.3 kW
- 208 V/60 Hz/3 ph
Unsure if this is the right unit for you? Read more about them in the tilting kettles buyers' guide.
Kettle, electric, table top, 20 quart capacity, 2/3 jacket, IPX6 water rated electronic Classic controls, 304 stainless steel liner, hand tilt, faucet bracket, support console on right, stainless steel construction, cULus, NSF, Made in USA
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Groen TDB-20C SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Product Type||Cooking Equipment|
|No. of Kettles||1|