The Dean SR62 commercial fryer is perfect for most high-volume kitchens, offering high-powered frying, a large frypot, and versatility in what it cooks. All of that from Dean's trusted Super Runner value line of fryers, which are designed for efficient performance that enables you to save money and increase yield. That starts with the millivolt controls, which require no electrical connection, drawing their power from the standing pilot. The tubular heating elements in this LP fryer, which Dean recently rebilled the SR162, are submerged in the oil and have more surface area than the standard. That, combined with stainless steel flow-tube baffles, ensure that more heat is transferred to the cooking oil. Since gas fryers are known for sending a large amount of the heat they produce directly up the flue, these features can enable you to get more out of the gas your fryer uses and expands the capacity of the unity.
Those features also contribute to another way this fryer could save you money: by extending the life of your oil. The recurring cost of cooking fat is far more considerable than the initial investment of the fryer itself in most cases. The features on this fryer that help regulate oil temperatures without large fluctuations protect the oil, which can be broken down by wide variations. This unit also has a large cold zone below the burners, the area where crumbs and other debris in the oil can precipitate away from the burners. If that material gathered in the hottest part of the fryer, it could carbonize, degrading the oil and the quality of your food. Combined with regular filtering - typically at least once every day - that can extend the life of your oil, allowing you to buy less each year.
- 75-pound cooking fat capacity
- Large 18-in. x 18-in. vat accommodates one full, two twin (included), and three triple baskets
- Wide cold zone below burners for collection of crumbs
- Highly versatile fryer for battered and breaded items, as well as french fries
- 150,000 BTU/hr. max output
- Exclusive Thermo-Tube design and in-flow baffles promote heat transfer
- Millivolt controls require no electrical connection
- Durable temperature probe for fast response to fluctuations
- Includes basket hanger and support rack
- Stainless steel frypot, front, door, and backsplash
- 3⁄4-in. NPT LP gas connection
- 6-in. legs adjustable in 1-in. increments
- Overall dimensions: 20 in. W x 351⁄2 in. D x 45 in. H
- NSF Certified, CSA Listed
Super Runner Value Fryer, LP gas, floor model, 75 lb. capacity, durable temperature probe, millivolt control system (requires no electrical hookup), includes: rack-type basket support, basket hanger & twin baskets, stainless steel frypot, front & door, aluminized sides, 6" adjustable steel legs, 150,000 BTU, CSA, NSF, TUV
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Dean SR62G SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Number of Fry Pots||1|
|BTU per Fryer||150,000|
|Oil Capacity/Fryer (lbs)||75|
|Frypot Style||Tube Type|
|Warranty||FRYPOT: 5 years pro-rated|
|Warranty||ALL OTHER PARTS: 1 year parts & labor|
|Also Known As||SR62, SR162G, SR162-G, SR162, SR62-G|
|Product Type||Cooking Equipment|
|Oil Capacity (lbs) Range||70 - 79|