This manual slicer from Hobart includes a knife tool that safely removes the knife to allow access to the gauge plate for cleaning, and the entire blade and tool can be placed into a dishwasher. The slicer includes a 13 inch CleanCut™ knife that is made out of 304L stainless steel and Stellite alloy that lasts two to three times longer than stainless steel blades. For safe operation, this slicer has six interlocks including a 30 second shut off and a no-volt release.
- Replaces 3813-2
- Removable knife
- Manual design
- Capacity for items up to 12-in. W or 7-1/2 in. Dia.
- 13-in. CleanCut™ knife made from 304L stainless steel and high-performance Stellite alloy
- Top mounted Borazon sharpener is removable and can be used when wet
- To reduce drag, the gauge plate and knife cover are grooved
- Indexing cam can be fully rotated once for shaving, chipping, and thin slicing. The second rotation opens the plate for thick slicing
- Carriage has 12-1/2 in. travel distance
- 6 interlocks for safe operation
- The electroless nickel-plated single carriage rod is continually lubricated with a reservoir wick for smooth operation
- Removable ring cover catches food debris and is made of dishwasher-safe Zytel™ plastic
- 1-piece anodized aluminum base, stainless steel top cover, anodized aluminum product tray, and gauge plate
- Removable carriage system
- 0 knife exposure
- Meat grip arm holds product in place while in use and is constructed from high-strength thermoplastic
- 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, 1/2 HP Poly V-belt motor operates at 430 RPM, 6-ft. cord and plug included
- Overall Dimensions: 24-5/8 in. W x 30-5/16 in. D x 25-1/2 in. H
- cETLus Listed and NSF Certified
6 Interlocks for Safety
- Home-start position - before slicer operates, it must be placed all the way back in the “home” position
- Close-to-Stop - turning the index knob to the closed position will turn the unit off
- Gauge-plate interlock - will keep the knife edge from damage when at 0
- Carriage-System interlock - if gauge plate indicator is not closed the carriage cannot be removed or tilted away
- No-volt release - slicer must be restarted if power supply is interrupted
- 30-sec. shut off - unit will shut off if inactive for 30-sec.
- Removable knife with removal tool that covers the knife edge and allows access to the gauge plate
- Removable ring guard cover collects food debris and is made from dishwasher-safe Zytel™ plastic – removal of the cover allows for cleaning between the blade and guard
- Tilting, removable carriage system makes it easy to clean the entire carriage body
- Rear-mounted, removable meat grip
- Spring kickstand angles the unit up to clean out underneath the machine
- Anodized aluminum base
Heavy Duty Slicer, manual, 13" CleanCutÖ removable knife and tool, anodized finish with (6) interlocks, removable meat grip assembly, removable ring guard cover, single action top mounted sharpener with BorazonÖ stones, cleaning kickstand, 1/2 hp motor, 120v/60/1-ph NSF cETLus
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Hobart HS8-1 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Also Known As||3813-2|
|Size||13 in Knife|
|Product Type||Food Prep Equipment|