With a 1.3 HP motor and eight quart work bowl, this KitchenAid stand mixer has the capabilities to mix 13 dozen cookies in a single batch. A motor-reset safety feature protects the unit from damage due to overloading, while an adjustable beater height allows the user to get maximum beater-to-bowl coverage without scraping and potentially damaging the bowl. The stand mixer exterior is wipe-clean, with a safety feature to prevent the mixer from being accidentally turned on, and the dough hook, whip, and flat beater, and work bowl are dishwasher-safe for quick and simple cleanup.
- Commercial Series
- Onyx black color
- 1.3 HP motor delivers 0.44 HP to the bowl for powerful mixing and kneading
- All-metal gears make operation quieter than previous models
- 8-qt. brushed stainless steel bowl with "J" shaped handle
- Capable of mixing 14 cups of flour in a single batch, or 13 dozen cookies
- Bowl-lift lever raises work bowl into position for mixing
- 10-speed metal control knob with speed control protection
- Auto-reset motor protection protects the motor against damage from overuse and overloading
- Adjustable beater height
- Powered accessory hub with hinged lid
- 3 dishwasher-safe mixing attachments (see below for details)
- 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, 1.3 HP, plug and 4-ft. cord included
- Overall Dimensions: 13-5/16 in. W x 14-5/8 in. D x 16-7/16 in. H
- UL Listed and NSF Certified
- Brushed stainless steel bowl with 8-qt. capacity
- Stainless steel flat beater for mixing cookies, cakes, and quick breads
- Stainless steel elliptical 11-wire whip for eggs and cream
- PowerKnead™ stainless steel spiral dough hook to knead yeast dough
- All accessories are dishwasher safe
10 Mixing Speeds
- Each speed has Soft Start® mixing feature that starts slowly and gradually increases to the selected setting, reducing splatter and spills
- STIR and 2 can be used for slow stirring, mixing, and adding liquids to dry ingredients
- Settings 4 - 6 are best used for beating and creaming ingredients such as cake batters
- Settings 8 - 10 produce a fast whip, suitable for eggs and small amounts of cream
- Only setting 2 is recommended for use on yeast dough - other speeds not mix the dough correctly and could damage the unit
- Specific setting suggestions and additional recipes can be found in the Use and Care Guide
KitchenAid® NSF Certified® Commercial Series Lift Stand Mixer with 1.3 HP Motor, 8-qt Stainless bowl, 10-speed control, Soft Start® mixing feature, Auto-Reset Motor Protection. Includes: Stainless steel 11-wire elliptical whip, Stainless steel flat beater, Stainless steel spiral power knead dough hook, Extra thick, long power cord, Onyx Black, 1-1/3 HP, NSF, UL, 120v/60/1ph
**KitchenAid trademarks and © used with permission.
KitchenAid KSM8990OB SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Special Features||Includes Accessories|
|Special Features||Soft Start|
|Special Features||Automatic Reset|
|Warranty||1 Year Replacement Limited Warranty|
KitchenAid KSM8990OB Customer Reviews
Write A Review
Trying to live "home made" said...
"The only "complaint" I have about this product is that it is difficult to align the the holes in the bowl to the prongs on the stand; it takes qu..."
"The only "complaint" I have about this product is that it is difficult to align the the holes in the bowl to the prongs on the stand; it takes quite a bit of torque to get it to fit right. Other than that, I love this mixer. Very simple to use and gets the job done quickly."