The TDB/6-10 tabletop tilting kettle has a durable stainless steel construction; its outside is polished to a shine, while its inside has a quick-cleaning emery grit finish. A steam jacket covers the lower two-thirds of the kettle. In this jacket, water turns to steam, evenly heating the inside of the kettle and cooking food rapidly. After food is cooked, the kettle can be manually tilted using the handle and poured into pans as high as 6 inches. Food and liquids flow out of the kettle through a butterfly lip, which helps reduce splatter.
With its manual controls, the TDB/6-10 tilting kettle offers straightforward use. A dial selects the temperature from 150 to 295 degrees Fahrenheit, and thermostatic controls help maintain these levels by turning the heat on when it falls too low and turning it off when it reaches the selected temperature. If the unit gets too hot, it shuts off completely to keep the internal components from overheating. Pressure is also monitored by a gauge and automatically released when it grows too intense. This kettle comes with distilled water in the jacket, and its level can be checked by looking through the sight glass.
- 10-qt. capacity
- Steam jacket on lower two-thirds of kettle
- Self-contained water source eliminates the need for a boiler
- Faucet bracket for connecting to water supply
- 304 stainless steel construction can accommodate acidic foods
- Quick-cleaning emery grit finish on the interior
- Pouring lip has butterfly shape to help prevent splatter
- Manual-tilt handle on right side
- Pouring height accommodates 6-in.-high pans
- Safety cut-off when tilting kettle
- UL and cUL listed; NSF certified
- Made in the U.S.
- Heat-on indicator light
- Rotary dial sets temperature
- Temperature range: 150-295 degrees F
- Thermostatic controls maintain set temperature by automatically turning heat on and off as needed
- Pressure gauge for checking pressure level
- Pressure relief valve and high-limit pressure switch keep pressure at safe levels
- Water sight glass for checking jacket's water level
- Low-water cut-off prevents heating when there is not enough water
Dimensions & Utilities
- 19 in. W x 137⁄16 in. D x 165⁄8 in. H (H measured to rim)
- 15 A, 3 kW
- 208 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Wondering which tilt kettle would be best? Check out the explainer on tilt kettles for a closer look at these units.
Kettle, electric, table top, 10 quart capacity, 2/3 jacket, 304 stainless steel liner, hand tilt, faucet brackets, support console on right, stainless steel construction, 50 PSI
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Groen TDB/6-10 2081 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Product Type||Cooking Equipment|
|No. of Kettles||1|