The Dexter S5288 08230 cleaver is ideal for cutting through thick slabs of meat and cartilage in grocery stores, butcher shops, and commercial kitchens. A hole in the blade allows the user to hang the knife on a meat hook or butcher's belt. Since it has a DEXSTEEL™ blade construction, the knife's high-carbon steel will not easily stain or corrode. The edge is flexible since it has been ground and honed, and the blade is connected to the handle with brass compression rivets. The Dexter S5288 08230 cleaver's handle is made of rosewood for a pleasing aesthetic.
- Easily cuts through thick meat and cartilage
- Able to hang on a meat hook since a hole is cut in the blade
- Constructed of DEXSTEEL, a high-carbon steel, for strength and durability in commercial settings
- Stain- and corrosion-resistant steel blade offers a professional appearance
- Ground, honed edge is flexible for heavy use
- Traditional look is provided by the rosewood handle
- Handle is secured to the blade with brass compression rivets
- Tight fit is maintained since rivets shrink and swell with the wood
- Overall Dimensions: 8 in. blade, 6 in. handle, 14 in. overall L
- Made in the U.S.
Traditional™ (08230) Cleaver, 8", stain-free, high-carbon steel blade, heavy duty, rosewood handle, Made in USA
Dexter Russell S5288 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
Dexter Russell S5288 Customer Reviews
Write A Review
Cleaver George said...
"Not only are Cleavers useful for cutting a whole Chicken into parts as you like them but very useful when opening up hard shell items, such as Co..."
"This cleaver takes me back to memories of the south. Every country kitchen had a heavy hitter just like this one for carving up livestock, poult..."
"This was a gift and the recipient liked it very much. There was a small flaw in the blade of the cleaver, but it did not affect the use so we d..."
"Not only are Cleavers useful for cutting a whole Chicken into parts as you like them but very useful when opening up hard shell items, such as Coconuts, in a matter of minutes. A Cleaver having the Extra weight, it makes these jobs Much easier to complete. Seriously consider making a Cleaver a Full Time Tool in your Kitchen."
"This cleaver takes me back to memories of the south. Every country kitchen had a heavy hitter just like this one for carving up livestock, poultry, venison, pork you name it. I never thought that I would find one like it— EVER! I can't say enough about it. And, the price is so good. Thank you, KaTom!"
"This was a gift and the recipient liked it very much. There was a small flaw in the blade of the cleaver, but it did not affect the use so we decided not to return it."
"Tha product very good but the packaging was terrible it came in in its original Box when I picki up the box thee was a whole in hole in the box almost got injured with the cleaver"