The Koolaire KDF-0250A 161 undercounter ice machine produces ice by running water over a cold evaporator plate, which then slowly freezes individual cubes. Once the cells are full, water flow continues until it runs over the ice thickness probe for 7 seconds and signals the start of the harvest cycle. The evaporator heats up with warm refrigerant, releasing cubes from their cells and dropping them into the ice bin. Once the bin is full and the damper is held down for 7 seconds, ice production stops.
This unit can produce 256 pounds of ice with ideal ambient air and incoming water temperatures. Its average production capacity is 180 pounds, and its full cubes work well in most drinks since they melt slowly. However, full-cube ice does not cool as quickly as half-cube ice and does not take up as much space in glasses. The Koolaire KDF-0250A 161 undercounter ice maker stores 134 pounds in its bin, and its door slides up and under the machine top to aid in scooping ice.
- 256-lb. ice production capacity
- 180-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Condenser takes in and discharges air at the front
- Water runs over the evaporator plate into cells and is frozen by refrigerant
- Harvest cycle starts when water flow touches the ice probe for 7 sec.
- Evaporator is heated with hot refrigerant to release ice from the cells
- Ice production turns off when the bin is full and the damper is held open for 7 sec.
- On/off/wash switch for user-friendly operation
- Condenser offers quick cleanup with its reusable air filter
- Full-cube ice can be used in cocktails, water, sodas, and iced tea
- Full cubes melt more slowly than half cubes but do not cool drinks as quickly
- Full-cube ice size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- 134-lb. ice storage capacity
- Ice can be scooped comfortably since the bin door slides up and under the top
- Uses R404A refrigerant
- Should not be placed near equipment that generates heat or in direct sunlight
- Required ambient air temperature: 39.2-100 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 39.2-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- CE approved; cULus listed; California Low Lead qualified; AHRI and NSF certified
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 28.15 in. D x 38.5 in. H
- 10.7 A, 7.5 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 8-ft. cord with a NEMA 5-15P plug
Find additional information on undercounter units in the buyers' guide to ice makers.
Undercounter Ice Kube Machine with Bin, cube-style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30" W, production capacity up to 256 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (180 AHRI certified at 90°/70°), 134 lb bin storage capacity, removable & re-useable air filter, hideaway bin door, full-dice size cubes, NSF, cULus,CE, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Koolaire KDF-0250A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||256|
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Bin Capacity (lb)||134|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor, Add'l 2 yrs. Evaporator; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||200 - 299 lbs|
|Bin Capacity Range (lbs)||100 - 199|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 40|
|Product||Undercounter Ice Maker|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|