- True TWT-60 60" Work Top Refrigerator - 2-Solid Doors, Aluminum/Stainless
- SKU: 598-TWT60
- Work Top Refrigerator, two-section, (4) shelves, stainless steel top with rear splash & sides, white aluminum interior with stainless steel floor, (2) stainless steel doors, 5" castors, rear mount, 1/5 HP, 115v/60/1, 5.1 amps, NEMA 5-15P, 7' cord, ENERGY STAR, cUL, NSF, CE, MADE IN USA
- True TWT-93 93" Deep Work Top Refrigerator - 3-Solid Doors, Aluminum/S...
- SKU: 598-TWT93
- Deep Work Top Refrigerator, three-section, (6) shelves, stainless steel top with rear splash & sides, white aluminum interior with stainless steel floor, (3) stainless steel doors, 5" castors, side mount front breather, 1/3 HP, 115v/60/1, 4.5 amps, NEMA 5-15P, 7' cord, MADE IN USA
- Turbo Air TWR-72SD Worktop Refrigerator w/ 3-Doors, 19-cu ft, Stainless
- SKU: 083-TWR72SD
- Super Deluxe Worktop Refrigerator, three-section, 19 cu. ft., (3) s/s doors w/recessed handles, s/s interior & exterior, ABS door liner, (3) s/s wire shelves, 5" casters, self-contained rear mounted refrigeration system, 1/2 HP, cETLus, NSF 7
- Beverage Air WTR60A 60 in Refrigerator, 35.5 in H Work Top, 2 Section/...
- SKU: 118-WTR60A
- Refrigerator, 35.5" H work top, 2 section, stainless steel top w/rear splash, stainless steel exterior, anodized aluminum interior, rear mounted self- contained refrigeration system, front breathing, 1/4 HP.
- Turbo Air TWR-28SD Worktop Refrigerator w/ 1-Door, 7-cu ft, All Stainless
- SKU: 083-TWR28SD
- Super Deluxe Worktop Refrigerator, one-section, 7 cu. ft., (1) s/s door w/recessed handle, s/s interior & exterior, ABS door liner, (1) s/s wire shelf, 5" casters, self-contained rear mounted refrigeration system, 1/3 HP, cETLus, NSF 7, Energy STAR
- Summit Refrigeration FFAR22LW 18-in Compact Refrigerator w/ Auto Defro...
- SKU: 162-FFAR22LW
- At just 20" high and 17 3/8" wide, this unit is perfect for settings with limited space that need high quality cooling. Automatic defrost reduces the time and cost involved with the regular maintenance of manual defrosting models. A removable wire shelf offers storage convenience. The reversible door includes a factory installed lock. With a front lock and compact dimensions, the FFAR22LW is perfect for offices, hotel rooms, health departments, and any location requiring compact but reliable refrigeration.
- Delfield STD4448N 48-in Work Top Refrigerator w/ 4-Drawers & Splash, 2...
- SKU: 032-STD4448N
- Work Top Refrigerator, single-section, 48"W, 2.7 cu. Ft, (4) drawers, stainless steel top w/4" backsplash, stainless steel front & sides, ABS interior sides, 5" casters; 2 locking, front-breathing rear-mounted (R404A) refrigeration system, 1/5 hp
- Turbo Air TWR-36SD Worktop Refrigerator w/ 2-Doors, 11-cu ft, Stainless
- SKU: 083-TWR36SD
- Super Deluxe Worktop Refrigerator, two-section, 11 cu. ft., (2) s/s doors w/recessed handles, s/s interior & exterior, ABS door liner, (2) s/s wire shelves, 5" casters, self-contained rear mounted refrigeration system, 1/3 HP, cETLus, NSF 7, Energy STAR
- Hoshizaki CRMR27-W Reach-In Worktop Refrigerator w/ Solid Door, Stainl...
- SKU: 440-CRMR27W
- Commercial Series Worktop Refrigerator, Reach-in, One-Section, 7.2 cu.ft., Self-Contained Refrig System, stainless steel exterior front, sides & top, solid hinged door, (1) adjustable shelves, (4) 6" stem casters (2 with brakes), R-134A refrigerant, 1/6 hp, ENERGY STAR qualified
- Hoshizaki CRMR48-W Reach-In Worktop Refrigerator w/ Solid Door, Stainl...
- SKU: 440-CRMR48W
- Commercial Series Worktop Refrigerator, Reach-in, Two-Section, 13.66 cu.ft., Self-Contained Refrig System, stainless steel exterior front, sides & top, solid hinged door, (2) adjustable shelves, (4) 6" stem casters (2 with brakes), R-134A refrigerant, 1/6 hp, ENERGY STAR qualified
- True TWT-27 LHADA 27" Work Top Refrigerator - 1-Left Hinged Solid Door...
- SKU: 598-TWT27LHADA
- Work Top Refrigerator, one-section, (2) shelves, stainless steel top with rear splash & sides, white aluminum interior with stainless steel floor, (1) stainless steel left-hinged door, 5" castors, rear mount, ADA Compliant, 1/6 HP, 115v/60/1, 3.9 amps, NEMA 5-15P, 7' cord, MADE IN USA
- Beverage Air WTRD27A-2 27 in Refrigerator, 35.5in H Work Top, 1 Sectio...
- SKU: 118-WTRD27A2
- Refrigerator, 35.5" H work top, 1 section, stainless steel top w/rear splash, stainless steel exterior, anodized aluminum interior, rear mounted self- contained refrigeration system, front breathing, 1/6 HP.
As far as practical use goes, the best way to think about these is in terms of shelving capacity. Each section includes two shelves, so if you know what you’ll be storing and how much, you should be able to get a good estimate of how many shelves you’ll need. If it’s drawers you’re going for, keep in mind that each drawer will hold a full size full pan or a combination of smaller pans. Larger ones will hold two full-size pans per drawer.
As always, be sure to know how much space you have available before purchasing a refrigerated work table. Length measures the top work surface of the unit. Be aware that some models have a work station longer than the refrigerated unit beneath it. On a 108-inch-long model, the refrigerator may only be 84 inches long. For detailed dimensions, be sure to check the spec sheet for the model you plan on purchasing. Spec sheets are available on the individual product pages of our site.
Door or Drawers
You can buy a model equipped with doors, drawers, or some combination of the two. The number of either depends on the unit’s size. Doors are best for holding bulky items in containers like jars and boxes. Drawers are designed to hold food pans full of fresh food and ingredients.
The refrigeration system in a worktop refrigerator needs room for air to circulate as it exhausts warm air and intakes cool air, so it’s crucial to plan the installation around this. Do not place your model in a location where these vents will be blocked. The two locations for these vents are either on the front or on the side.
- Front-Breathing: On these models, the intake and exhaust are both at the front. This is the best location if you plan to place your model next to a counter, wall, or other equipment. Since you need to keep the front free of obstructions anyway to open and close the door, this is often the most convenient location.
- Side-Breathing: These units have the air intake and exhaust vents on the side. If you decide to go with one of these, make sure it can be installed with plenty of room on the side where the vents are located.
Some models are available with one or more specialty options. HACCP record keeping can monitor the temperature of the unit over time, which can help prevent the development of foodborne illness and keep your establishment compliant with government health regulations. ADA compliant models have shorter legs than regular models, which means they can be used by an individual in a wheelchair. Some models are available with a backsplash that will keep things from falling behind the unit. Similarly, a marine edges can contain spills, keeping liquids off the floor.
Cleaning and Maintenance
These models need to be cleaned regularly. If they’re operating in a greasy environment, such as in the kitchen line, the exterior should be wiped down with a wet towel every night. Pay close attention to the air intake and exhaust vents, making sure that dust does not accumulate in front of them. It is recommended you clean the door gasket on your models at least once a month. Lemon juice can serve as a cleaner and a lubricant, killing bacteria and preventing the gasket from drying and cracking. Every so often, clean the filters, coils, and fins. Debris can accumulate on them, causing the unit to work harder, which can increase your energy bill and eventually cause a breakdown.