- Summit Refrigeration SWC1965 2-Zone Wine Cellar w/ 1-Door, 157-Bottle...
- SKU: 162-SWC1965
- Wine cellar, two-zone, single door, RHD glass door with stainless steel trim, pro handle, (14) slide-out wooden shelves, 157 bottle capacity, digital thermostat, recessed LED lighting, black cabinet, stainless steel kickplate, front-breathing design, automatic defrost, factory installed lock, ETL (Residential)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC530LBISTCSS Wine Cellar w/ 2-Zones, Reversible...
- SKU: 162-SWC530LBISTCSS
- Wine Cellar, (2) zones, built-in or freestanding, stainless steel wrapped cabinet, reversible locking glass door, digital thermostat, LED light, wooden shelves with stainless steel trim, automatic defrost, 115v/60/1, 2.0 amps, CSA (Residential)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC530LBISTADA Wine Cellar w/ 2-Zones, Reversible...
- SKU: 162-SWC530LBISTADA
- Wine Cellar, ADA compliant, (2) zones, built-in or freestanding, black cabinet, reversible locking glass door, digital thermostat, LED light, wooden shelves with stainless steel trim, automatic defrost, 115v/60/1, 2.0 amps, CSA (Residential)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1775 Deluxe Wine Cellar w/ 120-Bottle Capacity...
- SKU: 162-SWC1775
- Deluxe Wine Cellar, full-size, (120) bottles capacity reversible door, auto defrost, interior light, temperature display, black cabinet finish, glass door (Commercial)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC6GWLSH Wine Cellar w/ 50-Bottle Capacity, Fron...
- SKU: 162-SWC6GWLSH
- Wine Cellar, (50) bottles capacity reversible door, front-mounted lock, interior light & liner, auto defrost, adjustable thermostat, white cabinet finish, double pane tempered glass door, stainless steel handle, 115v, 60hz, cord, UL (Commercial)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1735C Deluxe Wine Cellar w/ 120-Bottle Capacit...
- SKU: 162-SWC1735C
- Deluxe Wine Cellar, full-size, (120) bottles capacity reversible door, auto defrost, interior light, temperature display, silver cabinet finish, tinted glass door (Commercial)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1875 Deluxe Wine Cellar w/ Dual Zone, 108-Bott...
- SKU: 162-SWC1875
- Deluxe dual zone wine cellar, built-in or freestanding, digital thermostat, LED light, slide-out wood shelves, glass door with stainless steel trim, black cabinet, automatic defrost, (2) reversible doors, pro handles, stainless steel kick plate, 108 bottle capacity, 115V/60/1, ETL (Residential)
- True GDM-23W-RF-LD 27" Radius Front Wine Merchandiser - 1-Door, 4-Rack...
- SKU: 598-GDM23WRF
- Radius Front Wine Merchandiser, one-section, (4) wine racks & (1)shelf, black vinyl exterior, black aluminum interior with mirrored back, stainless steel floor, (1) Low-E thermal glass hinged door, LED interior lighting, 1/3 HP, leg levelers, 115v/60/1, 7.2 amps, NEMA 5-15P, 9' cord, MADE IN USA
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1535B 15-in Wine Cellar w/ Digital Controls, L...
- SKU: 162-SWC1535B
- 15" wide wine cellar for built-in or freestanding use, with interior digital controls and LED light; replaces SUMMIT SWC1530, factory installed lock, flush back, wooden shelves, automatic defrost, professional handle, reversible door, 34 H x 14.75 W x 22.25 in D, black cabinet
- Summit Refrigeration STC1 Thermoelectric Wine Chiller w/ 8-Bottle Capa...
- SKU: 162-STC1
- Wine Chiller, thermoelectric, holds up to 8 open wine bottles upright, digital thermostat, LED light, black cabinet, front glass window for label display, temperature range 44F to 66F, interior fans, 115v/60/1, 2.0 amps, 6' cord, ETL (Residential)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1545 Deluxe Wine Cellar w/ 80-Bottle Capacity...
- SKU: 162-SWC1545
- Deluxe Wine Cellar, full-size, (80) bottles capacity, auto defrost, two temperature zones, interior light, temperature display, black cabinet finish & glass door, 115v/60/1 (Residential)
- Summit Refrigeration SWC1102Á Single Zone Full-Sized Wine Cellar - 102...
- SKU: 162-SWC1102
- Single zone household unit, the smallest of full-sized wine cellars. Featuring a reversible glass door, black cabinet, stainless steel kickplate, digital thermostat, LED lighting, and wooden shelves, 102 bottle capacity
White wines are best kept between 44- and 57-degrees Fahrenheit. Lighter, zestier wines such as Pinot Grigio can be kept cooler. Meanwhile, oaky or drier wines such as the ever-popular Chardonnay are better towards the upper end of the thermometer. No matter which white wines you have on your menu, keeping it too cool will cause it to lose its flavor.
Sparkling wines such as Prosecco and Champagne are best chilled at the cooler end of the spectrum, typically 38 to 50 degrees F.
A light red wine such as Pinot Noir should be kept at a cool temperature of 53 to 63 degrees Fahrenheit. Light red wines that have a heavy fruit taste like Red Zinfandels can be kept a bit warmer. Lastly, a rich red should be only a touch warmer than room temperature. Heavy in tannins, these wines are best kept at 63 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Examples of these wines include Cabernets, Shirazes, and Merlots.
When you begin your search for a commercial wine cooler, the first thing you need to consider is how many bottles you are going to chill at one time. The smallest countertop and undercounter models can store fewer than 10 bottles, while larger ones can store a few dozen. Full-size floor model units can store several dozen bottles of wine.
Number of Zones
If you want to serve all your wine at the optimal temperature, you'll need to store both red and white wines in a wine bottle chiller. Since more establishments are realizing that all wine should be chilled, many models now come with multiple zones, with independently-adjustable thermostats. Models with up to three zones are available so you can store sparkling, white, and red wines at their ideal temperatures.
Solid and glass doors are available. If you are placing your model where it will be viewed by customers, you may want a glass door wine bottle display. These allow customers to see what wines your establishment has available. On the other hand, if you are placing the unit where customers may not be able to see it, you may prefer a solid door model. These are typically more economical and energy efficient.
- Black laminate is the least-expensive choice for exterior finish. Compared to stainless steel, it does not show finger prints as visibly, but it is more susceptible to scratches and chips. That type of damage can not only mar the appearance, it can also open the body of the unit up to the development of rust.
- Stainless steel is more durable and more expensive than black laminate. This material has a classic look, but requires cleaning more frequently as it shows fingerprints and scratches more than laminate.
There are several specialty options designed to make a unit fit your establishment’s needs better. For example, ADA compliant models are offered that can easily slide underneath a 34-inch-high ADA-compliant counter.
Some models are available with horizontal storage racks for wine bottles. For establishments that sell expensive wine, this is an excellent option. Horizontal storage allows the wine bottle to be stored on its side, which is the preferred way of storing. When a bottle is stored on its side, it keeps the cork wet, air bubbles remain at the shoulder, and sediment is dispersed uniformly. This is frequently done for expensive wines, but most restaurants do not do this for their low- or moderately-priced wines.
Wooden racks and LED lighting are also available. Both options can add a touch of class to your unit for a relatively small increase in cost. Besides giving an elegant glow, the LED lighting will also save on electricity and needs replacing less often than traditional lights.