- John Boos GT-100 Carbon Steel Grease Inceptor w/ 50-lb GPM Capacity, S...
- SKU: 416-GT100
- Carbon steel grease inceptor, size #100, 50 GPM capacity, 100 lb grease capacity
- John Boos GT-20 Carbon Steel Grease Inceptor w/ 10-lb GPM Capacity, Si...
- SKU: 416-GT20
- Carbon steel grease inceptor, size #20, 10 GPM capacity, 20 lb grease capacity
- Canplas 3925A03 Grease Trap, 25 Gal/Min, 3 in Connection
- SKU: 065-3925A03
- All Canplas Endura Grease Interceptors are tested and certified to standard pdi-g101 of the Plumbing and Drainage Institute. Made of Engineered Thermoplastic, the Endura will not rust, peel or warp. Capable of supporting 440 lbs. across the lid. the Endura can be installed on the floor, semi-recessed or completely in the floor due to its unique reinforcing ribs. The O-ring sealing gasket is installed in a channel within the lid providing a positive, airtight seal reducing the chance of liquids, solids or odors escaping. This unit carries a 10 year manufacturer warranty, Also this unit has a flow rate of 25 gallons per minute and holds 74 lbs of grease.
- Canplas 3935A03 Grease Trap, 35 Gal/Min, 70 lb Capacity, 3 in Connection
- SKU: 065-3935A03
- All Canplas Endura Grease Interceptors are tested and certified to Standard PDIG101 of the Plumbing & Drainage Institute. Made of Engineered Thermoplastic, the Endura will not rust, peel or warp. Capable of supporting 440 lbs. across the lid, the E3ndura can be installed on the floor, semi-recessed or completely in the floor due to its unique reinforcing ribs. The O-Ring sealing gasket is installed in a channel within the lid providing a positive, airtight seal reducing the chance of liquids, solids or orders escaping. The Endura is backed by an extended 10 year warranty from the manufacturer. Includes is the award winning flow control with cleanout and air intake. This unit has a flow
- Canplas 3925A02LO Lo-Por Grease Interceptor, 11 in H, 25 Gal/Min, 2 in...
- SKU: 065-3925A02LO
- Lo-Por Grease Interceptor for those tight on-floor grease interceptor applications where space is at a premium. With an overall height of just 11 inches the internal components can be removed in less than 6" of additional clearance making this unit a truly low profile solution. Flow rate of 25 gpm, comprised of engineered thermoplastics to withstand operational temperatures up to 220 F (104 C) and incorporates a lid with the capabiltiy of supporting 440 lbs (200 kgs). The unit carries a 10 year manufaturer warranty.
- Canplas 3950A03 Grease Trap, 50 Gal/Min, 122 lb Capacity, 3 in Connection
- SKU: 065-3950A03
- Grease Trap, total weight 100lbs.,capacity weight 122lbs, flushes 3.2lps operating temps of 220*F
- Canplas 3935A04 Grease Trap, 35 Gal/Min, 115 lb Capacity, 4 in Connection
- SKU: 065-3935A04
- Grease Trap, total weight 70lbs., capacity load of 115lbs. flushes 2.2lps. operating temps. of 220*F
- Canplas 3920A02 Grease Trap, 20 Gal/Min, 40 lb Capacity, 2 in Connection
- SKU: 065-3920A02
- All Canplas Endura Grease Interceptors are tested and certified to standard PDIG101 of the Plumbing and Drainage Institute. Made of Engineered Thermoplastic, the Endura will not rust, peel or warp. Capable of supporting 440 lbs. across the lid , the Endura can be installed on the floor, semi-recessed or completely in the floor due to its unique reinforcing ribs. The O-ring sealing gasket is installed in a channel within the lid providing a positive, airtight seal reducing the chance of liquid solids, or odor escaping. Also has a 10 year manufacturer warranty. Has a flow rate of 20 gallons per minute, holds 40 lbs. of grease.
- Canplas 3920PA15 Endura Plaster Trap w/ Removable Outlet Filter, 23.6...
- SKU: 065-3920PA15
- Endura Plaster Trap, Durable polypropylene construction, 440 lbs load rated cover, suitable for both in-floor and on-floor installations, Maximum continuous operating temperature of 220 F, Removable Outlet Filter, 10 GPM and 20 GPM Flow rate solutions, 23.6x17.5x16.3 inches
- Canplas 3920AX6 15-20-25 GPM GI 6 in Riser Extension Kit
- SKU: 065-3920AX6
- Kit that raises the height of the grease trap by 6 inches. This model fits 15, 20, and 25 GPM models.
- John Boos GT-14 Carbon Steel Grease Inceptor w/ 7-lb GPM Capacity, Siz...
- SKU: 416-GT14
- Carbon steel grease inceptor, size #14, 7 GPM capacity, 14 lb grease capacity
- Canplas 393243AW Endura InLine Drain Strainer, PVC Material
- SKU: 065-393243AW
- Installed on individual sink wastes in kitchen and sanitary applications, the Endura Inline Drain Strainer prevents food debris, hair, lint, and similar solid material from entering the drainage system, causing restriction and blockage.
These units work by separating grease from wastewater and letting the water pass through. Water from sinks and dishwashers enters through the inlet and is slowed with a flow restrictor, usually passing through a series of baffles to help separate the grease from the water. Because grease is less dense than water, it floats to the top and gets trapped in the unit, while water flows freely through the outlet and into the sewer.
Location and Installation Considerations
These units are most often required to be used with pot washing sinks and dishwashers. They should be installed as close to the source of the water as possible so that pipes leading to the trap do not get clogged. There are options when it comes to installing these. They can be installed on the floor, partially recessed into the floor, or fully recessed with the top surface flush to the ground.
Since they must be accessible for emptying and servicing, overhead clearance is a concern, especially since many of them are installed in tight spaces like under sinks. Some require as little as five inches of clearance, but many can require upwards of two feet of clear space above so they can be properly maintained. Some municipalities require greater clearance. Be sure you understand the manufacturer’s guidelines and your local laws before determining the placement of your unit.
Sizing your Grease Trap
The first number to look at is the gallons per minute (GPM) rating of the unit. This is the number of gallons that can be effectively passed through the unit in a minute. Exceeding this limit means that grease will pass through the unit without getting filtered out, and the waste water may back up into the source.
For a dishwasher, you’ll need a trap with a GPM capacity equal to the washer’s operating capacity. Be aware that many dishwashers have a different GPM rating for their washing and rinsing cycles. Use the higher of the two numbers to determine the size you need.
To determine the right unit to attach to a pot sink, you must figure out the estimated GPM based on the dimensions for the sink. This involves four steps.
- Determine the capacity of your sink in cubic inches by multiplying the Length x Width x Depth of each section of the unit.
- Divide the overall capacity by 231 to convert to GPM
- Multiply the GPM by the number of sections your sink has
- Adjust for the contents of the sink, which will displace some of the liquid, by multiplying by 0.75.
This will give an estimated GPM of your sink, which you can use to size your grease interceptor.
Here is an example for a two-section sink in which each section measures 18-in. W x 18-in. L x 14-in. D:
- Determine the capacity of the sink: 18-in. x 18-in. x 14-in. = 4536 cu. in.
- Multiply by 2 for the two sections: 536 cu. in. x 2 = 9072 cu. in.
- Divide by 231 to convert to gallons per minute: 9072 cu. in. / 231 = 39.3 GPM
- Account for the contents of the sink by multiplying by 0.75: 0.75 x 39.3 = 29.5
Rounding up to 30, you’ll need a grease trap that’s rated for at least 30 GPM.
To keep it working efficiently, your unit should never be allowed to fill past 25 percent with grease. Most guidelines recommend cleaning at least once a month, more frequently if it is passing the 25 percent mark more often. Some jurisdictions will dictate the frequency at which the traps must be cleaned.