What Others are Saying About Their KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Since its introduction in 1919, the KitchenAid Mixer has become a culinary icon and a favorite tool of amateur and professional chefs alike. Qualities like its versatility, style, and dependability have won the mixer many adoring fans, but it's not without its critics. Here, we have compiled several of the most helpful KitchenAid mixer reviews that customers have left on our site, and compared the pros and cons of our most popular models.
The KitchenAid Artisan Mixer is a favorite of home chefs who love, in addition to its functional features, the many expressive colors that this model is available in. Those include unique shades like Lavender Cream, Buttercup, Watermelon, and KitchenAid's signature Empire Red. This series features a higher capacity than its predecessors, with a 5-quart bowl that can handle a batch of nine dozen cookies or 4-1/2 loaves of bread. It is also significantly more powerful, with a 325-watt motor that's nearly 25 percent more powerful than the Classic series.
- One satisfied reviewer appreciates the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer for being "Quiet [and] efficient." Another user describes her mixer as "quiet but powerful."
- Another feature that reviewers frequently note is this KitchenAid stand mixer's rugged construction, with one customer admiring hers as "very durable and reliable." Another customer tells us how she "...Used it to make bread 4 times and [the mixer] doesn't hesitate for a second."
- The KitchenAid Artisan mixer's custom colors are one favorite feature that many customers rave about, with one observing that "...not only is it great to use for baking, but looks fabulous on the counter. It adds a burst of color to the kitchen and I proudly leave it on display."
- The many unique color possibilities make it easy to turn this mixer into a personalized gift. One happy reviewer says she "bought this for my mother-in-law for her birthday and she loved it!" Another describes the KitchenAid stand mixer as "...the perfect gift for a baker."
- More than one of our customers have commented on this KitchenAid stand mixer's user-friendly features. One says "I love the design of the mixer, easy to use and store when not in use." Another elaborates on the mixer's "new improvements: taller bowl, flour guard is now all one piece, and the handle is a little larger and smoother to grip."
- Two customers found the weight of the mixer to be a minor detriment. As one customer put it, while she "love[s] this mixer," her "only con is the weight." Another echoes that sentiment with "[The] only drawback is the mixer is heavy."
- Another customer feels that "the power cord is too short."
The KitchenAid Artisan Design series adds a stylistic spin on their original Artisan line with premium pearl and metallic finishes including Sugar Pearl Silver, Antique Copper, and Electric Blue. These are the only tilt-head KitchenAid mixers to include a glass bowl, a feature that’s valued by many for the ease with which they can add ingredients and monitor the progress of their mixtures.
- Several customers praised their KitchenAid Artisan Design mixers as "easy to use," with one observing that hers "makes making bread and cakes much more easy." Another was pleased that hers is "so fast with mixes."
- The Artisan Design's versatility is another quality that gets a lot of attention. One reviewer uses it "... for everything from cookie dough to pizza dough, cake batter, meringue, whipped cream - it always comes in handy." Another says she uses hers for creations ranging from "bread dough to masa for tamales [and] tortillas."
- Other reviewers are impressed with the high quality of their KitchenAid mixers, like one who "replaced [my old mixer] with this raspberry colored one and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT," and another who observes the "excellent construction of the appliance."
- Like their counterparts, Artisan Design mixers receive a lot of praise for their unique color selection. One of our customers happily says of her Raspberry Ice mixer, "...the color always puts a smile on my face (my favorite color is hot pink)." Another calls her mixer "Eye candy for my countertop."
- Based on our customers' feedback, the decision to sell this model mixer with a glass mixing bowl seems to be a welcome one, with one reviewer commenting that "... the glass bowl is a nice addition to an already great product."
- One reviewer sums up a single criticism of this KitchenAid Artisan mixer with, "The only thing I don't like is that it's heavy and a little bit bulky."
- Another customer observes that the mixer's cord "may be a tad short for some of you."
The KitchenAid Classic is the spiritual successor to the original K series KitchenAid Stand mixer. With a 4.5-quart steel mixing bowl and 250-watt motor, this mixer is ideal for preparing everyday recipes from cakes and cookies to mashed potatoes and meringues. Like its counterparts, it includes the power hub to accommodate the numerous available attachments, and its planetary mixing action touches 59 points in the bowl every rotation to incorporate ingredients thoroughly for a smooth mixture. The KitchenAid Classic stand mixer is the most affordable in the lineup.
- This mixer's low price makes it a popular gift. A reviewer who bought one as a gift for a granddaughter, says "She cried when she opened the box," and, "... she uses it every day."
- Another family who says they "Already have this mixer in our home.. [and] love the one we have" bought the KitchenAid Classic stand mixer as "a gift for our daughter who loves to cook and doesn't have a mixer of this caliber."
- As of the date this article was published, we have received no negative reviews for the KitchenAid Classic stand mixer.
The KitchenAid Professional 600 is the most powerful KitchenAid mixer designed for the home chef. With a 6-quart glass bowl and 550-watt motor, this series can handle 13 dozen cookies or eight loaves of bread per batch. Its bowl-lift design is an alternative to the traditional tilt-head design, and is preferred by many serious bakers. The mechanism lifts and lowers the bowl from the mixer base to and from the agitator, providing plenty of clearance to add ingredients. The KitchenAid Professional Mixer comes in six colors: Slate, Sugar Pearl Silver, Onyx Black, Candy Apple Red, Medallion Silver, and Frosted Pearl White.
- One theme we observed is that many reviewers were amazed by the volume of treats they could produce with their KitchenAid Professional mixer, including one who bakes "... over 100 dozen batches of cookies every other week," and another who relies on his "for family occasions."
- Another KitchenAid Professional 600 owner has "put 5 pounds of soft and hard, room temperature cheeses into the bowl with herbs and chopped nuts to effortlessly create the best cheese balls you can image."
- The bowl lift mechanism is a feature that owners of these mixers seem to appreciate, with one commenting, "The 'lifter' feature lets the bowl down so you can scrape the bowl and add ingredients easily."
- Other reviews seem to be pleased that they made the extra investment in the KitchenAid Professional series, with one proclaiming, "It has always been the one I wanted above all others, and I am so glad to have finally bought one!" And another who "Always wanted one..." finds her mixer "so beautiful I feel like baking."
- The author of one negative KitchenAid mixer review is not satisfied with this model, stating that his "machine's gears were stripped mixing dough on speed 2," comparing its performance to his father's 37-year-old model that "has never been repaired ... never been in for maintenance."
The KitchenAid Commercial mixer is the only model that's rated for use in restaurant kitchens. It's no surprise that it's one of the most powerful and comes with the largest mixing bowl by far at 8 quarts. The 1.3-HP motor lets it handle as much as 14 cups of flour or 12 dozen cookies per batch, and its workload is monitored with Advance Sensory Feedback controls to deliver consistent power and reduce wear and tear on the machine's gears. This model is also NSF and UL rated for foodservice.
- One customer loves the "slow start-up on the speeds so that you are less likely to fling the ingredients out of the bowl."
- That same reviewer hails her KitchenAid Commercial mixer as "quieter than the older one."
- Two customers comment on the high quality of the machine, one asserting that "these are the best machines you can buy," and another admiring the "robust feel and operation" of her machine.
- This KitchenAid stand mixer comes with the largest mixing bowl the company offers, so it's no surprise that customers comment on the large batches that enables them to create, like one who said a "... first test drive produced 138 chocolate chip cookies in one mixing!"
- One reviewer was first introduced to the KitchenAid Commercial mixer when she "... went to work at my hometown restaurant. It made preparing meals so much simpler ... . I decided I must have one."
- One customer who left a review on our site is disappointed that there aren’t "more guidelines with video and recipe[s]" available to help cooks learn how to use their KitchenAid stand mixers.
- Another reviewer finds it "difficult to align the holes in the bowl to the prongs on the stand."