What is the best commercial Vitamix blender?
Because each blender is designed with particular capabilities and production volumes in mind, there is no "one-size-fits-all" answer here. For example, The Quiet One is a great choice for front-of-house use in high-volume operations since its sound-dampening technology, 3-horsepower motor, and programmable settings can keep up with back-to-back orders without disturbing the ambience in your business. The Vita-Prep 3 is a culinary workhorse that can continuously chop, blend, cream, emulsify, muddle, and more.
The BarBoss, made specifically for blending bar drinks, can power through batch after batch of frozen and mixed drinks and includes six pre-programmed settings that ensure each one is perfectly blended. To control the amount of noise generated by your blender, Vitamix offers the T&G 2 and The Quiet One, which both include sound-dampening enclosures. For heavy-duty prep work, invest in the XL blender, which includes a 1.5-gallon container. Ultimately, the best commercial Vitamix blender for your kitchen is the one designed specifically for your application and business requirements, so you should consider what you'll use it for and how demanding your dayparts will be when browsing our selection.
Vitamix Commercial Blender Features
It can be hard to choose between so many options, but that variety means you can get the perfect unit for your restaurant or bar's blending needs. To help narrow down your choices, here are some key features and specifications you should consider as you browse our selection.
- Horsepower: While horsepower numbers should not be taken as cut-and-dry ratings of how well a Vitamix commercial blender will perform, they do provide some indication of its capacity and capability. Higher horsepower numbers mean higher RPMs and the ability to power through hard foods, such as ice in smoothies or vegetables in a purée. They typically also indicate a better ability to handle the heavy demand of high-volume kitchens.
- Container Size: Vitamix mixers have capacities ranging from 32 ounces to 192 ounces. Some can accommodate containers of various sizes, while others have jars designed specifically for them. Smaller sizes are great for creating single-serving drinks and batches of sauces, but the larger ones can blend multiple servings of soups and other menu items.
- Container Material: All Vitamix blender containers are made of Tritan, a crystal-clear, impact-resistant plastic that is BPA free and dishwasher safe. They are designed to endure years of heavy use in high-volume commercial kitchens.
- Noise Levels: The typical commercial blender produces around 90 decibels – a decent amount of noise – and only grows louder when processing hard foods and ice. However, if you need to use yours at the front of the house as you would at a bar or smoothie shop, you might want to consider models from the T&G 2 Blending Station, The Quiet One, and Blending Station Advance series. Each is designed with a sound-dampening enclosure that helps contain noise.
Vitamix Commercial Blender Blades
Vitamix blender commercial-grade blades come in five types, although some are designed for compatibility with specific containers.
- Advance Blade: This model, designed for use with 32- and 48-ounce Advance containers, is made of laser-cut, hardened stainless steel that rides on two sets of stainless steel bearings. Enabling it to handle both food and drink mixes, the blade's sharpened edges create smooth blends and have strong wings that break up solid ingredients such as ice and produce.
- Aerating Blade: Made to be used only with the aerating container, which is designed to keep mixtures flowing down into the disc blade, this option is a flat circle that lacks sharp edges because it is not meant for grinding. Rather, it is etched with holes that help pull air into the mix, making it perfect for blending emulsions, culinary foams, and whipped creams, as well as juicing and creating infusions.
- Ice Blade: This hardened stainless steel blade has four wings for breaking up ice in smoothies and frozen cocktails. It can be used with 32- and 48-ounce containers on three Vitamix commercial blenders: Touch & Go, Blending Station, and Drink Machine.
- Wet Blade: Made specifically for producing smooth blended drinks, this hardened-steel blade has four wings with sharpened leading edges that enable it to break mixtures down to very fine consistencies. Two sets of stainless steel ball bearings help the unit run smoothly, which can prolong its service life and reduce the noise it produces. The wet blade fits 32-, 48-, and 64-ounce Standard containers and is perfect for making soups, sauces, purées, and more.
- XL Blade: This assembly is specifically designed for use in Vitamix XL blender containers. The hardened stainless steel blade is engineered to work with the jar to create a vortex that pulls the mix down into the sharpened wings. This process creates smoother blends for soups, sauces, housemade condiments, and more.