Rubbermaid trash cans are more ubiquitous than you might imagine. Used everywhere from offices and businesses to parks and sports complexes, odds are, if you're out in public, there's a Rubbermaid trash receptacle close by. They are available is such a wide variety of sizes and shapes and made out of so many different materials, the sky is the limit when it comes to bringing good design to your trash containment needs.
Rubbermaid trash containers are made from number of different materials. Outdoor models are generally made of powder-coated stainless steel or UV protected polymer. This construction will allow them to hold up well to most weather conditions. Indoor containers can be functional, decorative, or a combination of both.
A large number of top designs are available to fit virtually any application. Most trash cans can be fitted with any one of the following design options:
- Dome: This attractive design keeps trash in its place and hidden from sight.
- Funnel: The funnel design channels trash down into the unit, and gravity pulls spills and debris down into the container.
- Flip: The flip top hides trash and helps keep odors within the can.
- Urn: Urn tops offer a receptacle for smokers to place their ashes and cigarette butts.
- Drop: Drop lids offer the widest opening for easy disposal and emptying.
- Hinged: A hinged lid can be almost completely removed to allow for easy access to the liner for emptying.
- Step-On: The step-on function of this lid provides full access to the receptacle without requiring touching the surface during the disposal process.
- Open: An open lid is the most basic and efficient, and it offers hands-free operation.
Indoor Models: Indoor trash receptacles can add a touch of class to any establishment. These containers come in stone, wood, stainless steel, fiberglass, aluminum, and brass. Metal finishes, such as brass or chrome, can either be highly polished or hammered. They are often trimmed out in similar materials and come with galvanized liners. They are corrosion-resistant and fire-safe. They feature a variety of lids, including dome, funnel, and urn types.
Food Court Models: Food court models have tops that will accommodate trays. They are available with single or dual disposal openings and have no doors, making emptying trays easier. Made of fiberglass, they are UV protected and include a plastic liner.
Outdoor Models: These outdoor models are made of fiberglass and fire-safe or powder-coated steel. They will generally have rigid, plastic or steel liners that are easily removable for cleaning and emptying.
Street Baskets: Rubbermaid street baskets are made of rugged material that is lightweight and see-through, which is ideal for busy city streets. Anchoring kits are available to keep the cans from tipping due to rough weather or vandalism. Their drain holes help eliminate messes and prevent rain from collecting inside the can.
Gas Station/Store Front Containers: Made of rugged plastic, these units can be modified with custom inserts and windshield-cleaning equipment. They come standard with bolt-down capability for added stability. They come with funnel or dome tops and rigid liners.
Security Containers: Department of Homeland Security-compliant, these containers are see-through to maintain vigilance in high-traffic, security-conscious areas like sporting arenas, train stations, and airports. They have clear sides that can easily be replaced when they become worn. Locking dome lid and bolt-down capability help add even greater security. These containers take clear plastic bag liners that can easily be changed, thanks to the durable and efficient retainer band.