Coffee Maker Review Roundup
When you're shopping for the best coffee maker for your kitchen, one of the most reliable ways to find out about the product is by researching coffee maker reviews. Written by real people that have experience with the products, coffee maker reviews give you an idea of what you can expect when you make a purchase and help you decide which one will meet your needs. We have gathered some of the reviews customers have left on our site for Bunn and KitchenAid coffee makers so you can find the best coffee maker for you.
Personal Coffee Makers
A personal coffee maker is a great choice for those who want their coffee freshly made with each cup, or those who do not drink enough to warrant making an entire carafe. Made popular by the rise of pod-brewers, many brands now offer personal coffee makers that use pods, cups, or loose grounds to brew coffee a cup at a time. Here is what some of our customers had to say about the personal coffee makers offered by KaTom.Bunn My Café Single-Cup Brewer
The Bunn My Café MCU single-cup brewer is able to brew K-cup® packs, loose ground coffee, soft pods, tea bags, and loose tea, and brews a cup of the drink of your choice in less than a minute. The MCU model allows you to adjust the serving size between 4 and 14 ounces. The pulse brew feature allows the brewer to extract a bold flavor from the coffee grounds or tea leaves.
- One customer appreciates that "you set the water" which lets you "adjust how a particular type of beverage tastes best depending on how strong you like it." This same customer also notes that "cleaning is not difficult."
- Another customer likes the Bunn MCU's flexibility, saying, "I use my own grinds as well as tea bags. Very versatile. Great machine."
- One pleased customer and her husband make great use of their My Café MCU brewer. "My husband is up very early in the morning, and the pot of coffee he used to make was cold by the time I got up. With this 'my café' we can each have fresh coffee without wasting a pot." They also appreciate that "the ability to use a small amount of grinds instead of a K cup means we can eliminate the expense of K cups."
- One customer states, "We like everything about the Bunn [MCU] coffee-maker, except that the very shallow water reservoir must be refilled with each cup."
KitchenAid's Personal Coffee Maker brews coffee directly into the included insulated travel mug, and can brew as many as 4 cups of coffee in each batch. A tone sounds to alert you when brewing is completed. A reusable GoldTone filter is included, but it can also use paper coffee filters.
- One happy customer states, "If you are looking for a dark single one with quality to brew, this is it."
- As of publishing this article, there are no negative reviews of the KitchenAid personal coffee maker.
Carafe Coffee Makers
Those who drink a lot of coffee throughout the day or who are brewing for multiple people may find that the best coffee maker for them is a carafe version. These coffee makers brew multiple cups at once into a carafe that is often insulated or kept heated. Read some of the carafe coffee maker reviews below to help you make an informed decision when you purchase.KitchenAid 12-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
The KitchenAid 12-cup coffeemaker brews into a thermal carafe and plays a tone when brewing is finished. The pause-and-pour feature allows you to pour coffee from the dripless carafe before brewing is finished, and the variable brew setting lets you choose between regular and bold settings. The extra-large digital display makes programming and changing settings easy; it also displays the time since the current pot was brewed, so you can decide if you need to brew a fresh pot.
- One customer is pleased with the carafe, saying it "Keeps coffee hot! That's a great treat!"
- The same customer says, "The only small complaint I have is that when the pot is full, pouring coffee is easy, but after pouring 2 or 3 cups, the pot has to be almost upside down to get the coffee out."
KitchenAid's 14-cup coffee maker is available in contour silver, empire red, espresso, and onyx black. The variable brew strength selector lets you choose a bold setting for when you want a stronger cup of coffee, and the refined brew process ensures that the coffee grounds are evenly saturated to guarantee maximum flavor. The water tank is removable for cleaning and has clearly marked water level indicators.
- One pleased customer states that this model is a "Great coffeemaker just like my older KitchenAid!"
- Another says, "We love ours … and does it ever make great coffee!"
- One reviewer says, "The water reservoir is located in the back so you have to move it out from under the cabinets every time you want to make coffee."
- Another says, "The menu button stuck, making programming it impossible."
The Bunn ThermoFresh is a 10-cup coffee brewer that brews into a stainless steel, vacuum-insulated carafe that keeps coffee hot and is dishwasher safe. This coffee maker brews 10 cups of coffee in three minutes thanks to the internal thermostat that keeps water at the ideal brewing temperature. The sprayhead design improves the flavor of coffee that the ThermoFresh produces.
- One satisfied customer says, "We bought ours 5 years ago. Haven't had a minute's problem with it. I brag about my coffeemaker all the time!"
- Another customer loves Bunn's customer service, saying, "Give the company a chance. They are terrific."
- A different pleased customer says, "I just wish I had bought this product sooner. I am using my Bunn coffee maker every day and I am enjoying it so much. You will really taste the difference between the Bunn product and the coffee maker you have now."
- One customer loves the carafe's insulating properties, saying "We use this at work and it keeps our coffee hot for hours."
- One reviewer says that this coffee maker "requires a special filter with higher sides which is not easy to find."
- Another says that the "coffee is not hot enough and gets even colder in a hurry."