Watermelon, Tomato, & Kalamata Olive Salad
- 1 lb. seedless watermelon, large dice (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, seeded and cut into medium dice
- 1 small English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into medium dice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 c. kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 packed Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz. ricotta salata, cut into thin strips
Combine watermelon, tomato, and cucumber in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss to combine. Transfer to a colander and let drain for at least 10 minutes.
Transfer drained mixture to a salad bowl and combine with olives, vinegar, olive oil, mint, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle cheese over top and serve.