Vinegar & Spice Oven Ribs
- 3/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. lightly packed lemon zest (from about 4 medium lemons
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 full racks baby back pork ribs (about 5 lbs.)
Place everything except the ribs in a small, nonreactivebowl and whisk to combine. Coat ribs evenly with the rub on both sides, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Heat the oven to 325° F and arrange 1 rack at the top and 1 in the bottom third. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature while the oven is heating, at least 20 minutes. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and place the ribs meat side up on the sheets.
Place 1 baking sheet on the top rack in the and 1 on the bottom rack and bake for 45 minutes. Switch the baking sheets and continue to bake until the ribs are knife tender, about another 45 minutes.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
Recipe courtesy of Chowhound.