This tzatziki recipe is courtesy of Chef Nick Rodgers of The Root Restaurant.
“Tzatziki is a traditional accompaniment for grilled and roasted meats. It is Greek in Origin but has many applications in American food. I love it with roasted vegetables,” says Chef Rodgers.
- 2 qts. Whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 Garlic cloves, microplaned
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1⁄2 cucumber, microplaned
- Salt, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 c. French Feta, crumbled (optional)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.