- 6 strips thick bacon
- 2 white onions – chopped
- 3 sweet Italian Sausage links – cut bite size
- 3 hot Italian Sausage links – cut bite size
- 1 1/2 lbs. bulk ground Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast cut bite size
- 2 – 29 oz. can tomatoes cut in 1/4ths
- 1 – 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 2 – 16 oz. cans pinto beans
- 2 16 oz. cans light red kidney beans
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 1 large green pepper – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 – 5 Jalapeno peppers – diced
- 3 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 12 oz. water – used to rinse out remaining tomato sauce from canned tomatoes / tomato sauce
In large kettle, fry bacon until crispy. Crumble and set bacon aside leaving drippings. Brown onions and all meats in kettle. When browned, pour off drippings. Add crumbled bacon. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 hours.
Best served the next day. Garnish with shaved cheddar cheese, minced onions, sliced jalapenos, and tortilla or corn chips.
Recipe courtesy of Tim & Patricia Bible.