- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup fat-free egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2-3 teaspoons jelly, any flavor
Place sugar and butter in medium bowl. Beat on speed 5 about 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat on speed 5 about 1 minute, or until fluffy. Add flour, baking powder, and nuts. Mix on speed 1 just until blended, about 1 minute.
Roll into 1 inch balls. (Lightly flour hands if dough is sticky.) Place balls 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Make a deep indention in each cookie with thumb.Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-13 minutes, until bottoms of cookies are light golden and edges begin to turn light golden. Remove to cooling rack. Fill each cookie center with about 1/4 teaspoon jelly while still warm. Cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen cookies (1 cookie per serving).
* Recipe provided by Kitchen Aid.