Thin Crust Pizza
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pizza, Alfredo, barbecue, or other favorite sauce
- 3 cups cooked sausage or ground beef, sliced pepperoni, Canadian bacon, ham, shrimp, cooked chicken, roasted peppers, fresh mushrooms, olives, onion, roasted garlic, fresh basil leaves, tomato slices,artichoke hearts, capers, or other favorite toppings
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella, provolone, Cheddar, Parmesan, or other favorite cheese
In small saucepan, add water and 2 tablespoons oil. Heat over low heat until warm, 105° F to 115° F. Stir in yeast to dissolve. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer or food processor, add flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt, and basil. Process until mixed, scraping sides of bowl if necessary. Slowly add yeast mixture and process until dough forms a ball on dough blade or hook.
Remove dough to greased bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.Grease 2, 12″ pizza pans with olive oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Punch down dough; divide into 2 balls. Pat into 12″ circles, and press onto bottom and sides of pans. Bake at 425° F for 8 minutes.Top each crust as desired with about 1 cup sauce, 1 1/2 cups meat and / or vegetables, and 8 ounces cheese. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is bubbly. If baking both pizzas in one oven, switch racks halfway through baking. Yields 8 servings.
* Recipe provided by Kitchen Aid.