Spinach & Cheese Crostini
- 1 baguette loaf, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (9 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Place baguette slices on baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 4 to 6 minutes, or until toasted. Set aside.
Melt butter in 10″ skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add spinach. Cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds, or until warm. Cool slightly.Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mix. Turn to Speed 2, mix about 30 seconds. Add red peppers. continuing on Speed 2, mix about 30 seconds. Spread spinach mixture on toasted baguette slices. Top each slice with about 1 teaspoon Cheddar cheese. Bake 375° F for 5 to 8 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
* Recipe provided by Kitchen Aid.