Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms and Herbs
- 2 to 2 1/2 lb. spaghetti squash – halved lengthwise, reserving 1 half for another use
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 4/ c. finely chopped onions
- 1 c. thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
Wrap the squash half in microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave it, cut side up, at high power (100%) for 10 to 132 minutes, or until it feels soft when pressed. Let the squash stand for 5 minutes. In a small microwave-safe dish combine the butter, the onion, and the mushroom, and microwave the mixture at high power (100%), stirring once, for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Discard the squash seeds, scrape the flesh with a fork into a bowl, and toss it with the mushroom mixture, the parsley, the chives, the parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe provide by Gourmet Magazine.