Sesame Soy Sea Scallops
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 1/4 c. tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- Marinate for one hour
- 1. Combine all ingredients and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2. Thread onto skewers.
- 3. Place on grill and cook for 5 minutes or until done. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Use the larger sea scallops rather than the small bay scallops when grilling. Because of their size, bay scallops can be hard to thread on a skewer.
- If raw ginger is on hand, 2 tsp. of grated raw ginger can be substituted for the 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safely cooking seafood.
*Recipe provided by Hamilton Beach.