Roast Turkey with Gravy
- (1) 10-12 lb. Heritage Turkey
- 2 tbsp. Omnivore Limone
- 1⁄4 c. chopped sage
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 c. flour
- omnivore salt
- 1. Create a dry brine by rubbing the Limone salt mixture under the skin of the turkey, then store turkey in the refrigerator for as long as 3 days.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees F
- 3. Combine sage and butter, then rub mixture over the entire turkey. Place the turkey in the oven and turn the heat down to 300 degrees F.
- 4. Roast turkey for 3 to 4 hours, or until a thermometer registers 150 degrees F in the breast and 165 degrees F in the thigh.
- 1. Simmer the turkey neck in stock until the stock cooks down to 4 cups, then discard the turkey neck.
- 2. Melt butter over low heat, then whisk the flour in and cook for 3 minutes to create a roux. Allow to cool.
- 3. When turkey is done cooking, remove it from the pan. Pour off drippings and fat, then place roasting pan over medium heat.
- 4. Add drippings and stock, and use a whisk to remove any turkey bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- 5. Whisk in roux, then simmer until it reaches the desired consistency.