Ribeye Steak with Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- (4) 1 inch bone-in ribeye steaks
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 4 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 3/4 cup grape juice
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey-Dijon sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/5 cup water
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- – In a cast iron skillet, heat butter, sauté shallots, & blueberries.
- – Cook over medium heat until shallots soften.
- – Add whiskey, keeping face at a safe distance in case pan flashes.
- – Stir in grape juice, lemon juice, & Honey-Dijon sauce.
- – Heat until boiling.
- – Dilute cornstarch with water & stir into sauce; cook until thickened & set aside.
- – Broil (or grill 7 minutes per side for medium rare) steaks to the desired doneness and serve with whiskey sauce.