Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, or pork
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, not drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, not drained
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
In a large stock pot, brown the ground meat, and cook the peppers and onions. As the meat and veggies are cooking, add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. When the meat is cooked through, and the veggies are tender, add pumpkin puree, undrained beans, and the tomatoes. Cover and simmer 10-20 minutes.
Top with cilantro, sour cream, Greek yogurt, cheese, tortilla chips, or any other toppings you enjoy on chili. Most importantly, enjoy!