Mini Peach & Pesto Pizzas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- One 13.8 oz. tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tomatoes – sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 small peaches – sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
In a food processor, chop the garlic. Add 1/2 c. basil, the pecans, 1/2 c. olive oil, the parmesan, vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, & a pinch of pepper and puree into pesto.
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface into a 14″ square. Cut into 8 squares and pierce each one several times with a fork. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
Spread 1 tsp. of the pesto on each square and top with overlapping tomato and peach slices. Slice the remaining 1/2 c. basin into thin strips and sprinkle on the pizza. Season with salt.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.