Cherry Pomegranate Clafouti Recipe
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- (2) 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup milk (preferably whole milk)
- 2 cups pitted cherries (NOT maraschino)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and milk. If you don’t have a hand mixer, try using a blender!
- Pour a small amount of batter into a buttered pie pan or baking dish, about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes (The batter shouldn’t be totally set)
- Add the cherries and pomegranate arils on top of the cooked batter.
- Pour the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar over the fruit.
- Pour the remaining batter over the fruit and sugar mixer.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool to lukewarm temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar; garnish with whipped cream and/or a mint sprig!
- Now site back and enjoy the delighted faces of those around as they bit into your Cherry Pomegranate Clafouti for the first time.
See the How-to Video for Making Cherry Pomegranate Clafout Below: